Inner Tubes

WD Pro":qrlmjv6o said:
FluffyChicken":qrlmjv6o said:
hey it's a list section not a chat section, take it to retro or off topic ;-)

Could we have a ww chat forum ? :cool:

WD :)

Their was if i remember then it disappeared :(

FluffyChicken":27bkjaop said:
hey it's a list section not a chat section, take it to retro or off topic ;-)

IMHO as long as chat doesn't get out of hand, surely it's potentially even more important as a resource than a list of weights to we weenies? There's plenty of sites that list weights, but getting real world experiences of weenie kit isn't as easy, I don't know of any other site that lists components in the Retrobike format, includes weights AND has concise comments on say, cost, durability etc... C'mon.... weights AND mini-consumer comments.... you know you want to..... ;)

In the spirit of such things, I'd like to add that glueless patches surprise me as an attraction of the Foss tubes (83g each) was their ability to be repaired using only a lighter to melt the tube together, notwithstanding their puncture resistant qualities unheard of since the heavier AirB days (146g/144g/144g).

Here is a picture they sent me. Plus they are sending 6 for free :shock:
Dam can't add a picture :x

There problem is the 'list' gets all messed up and it's hard to find the information of the weights.

This section was set up to list the weights only, NOT chat.
There was a section for chat but the people with powers decided it was not needed, in fact this section was removed until a small uproar ;)
It was decided that comments and chat could go in their appropriate sections
New Toys talk in Off Topic, oldschool retro weight weenie stuff in Retro MTB, Road or BMX chat.

Soon we'll have to wade through oodles of chat just to find a weight of something on the hope it's there randomly posted in lots of chat.

Sure add a comment to your own posted weight if you feel it's needed.

WD Pro":2pqqovz9 said:
Maxxis Fly Weight (1.5/1.7 Presta) = 78.5g & 78.6g

Rimstrip supplied with above = 15.3g & 15.2g

WD :D

Standard (2010 MTB) Spinergy rim strips :

16.7g / 16.9g :D

They actually feel wafer thin and I thought they would be lighter than the Maxxis :?

Stans Sealant - Approx 2 Oz per tyre = 145.80g (total for the bike / wheelset) :D

Mavic UST valves (as supplied with cap, O ring and ally collar) = 5.80g each :D

Back