The Golden Stumpy

Judys, Fox 80mm, Bomber Z1s or preferably Z2s. Anything but RSTs. Had a pair on my £450 GT Backwoods (1997) and snapped them on a landing of a 1 foot jump. And I weighed about 10 stone back when I did that. Legs are about 3mm thick! And the traction of the forks are flexy as well.

Really, any forks are an upgrade. Whatever your budget you should be able to get something that'll make a noticeable difference for not too much money. :D

karloff70":30ww20rm said:
May I ask where you got that lovely horsey saddle and what it's called? Very appealing indeed!!
It's a Charge Spoon, available from lots of places, comfy, cheap & looks good, I have them on 3 of my bikes.

Nice Stumpy Reluctant :cool:

If you're not too bothered about a period correct fork a Rockshox Reba would make an excellent choice, stiff, plush & very tuneable. I picked up a pair from another forum for £125

Here are some @ £110 on SingletrackWorld you can add a spacer to drop the travel to 80mm

Thanks very much, but I'm sorted for a new fork now.
Shame you have to split, that's a great bike! (and I'm coming to Bristol again tomorrow. And I've sold a bike since I was last in touch. PM me best price for the M2 and see if you can tempt me!)

Ah, that's better!
Not the original fork, but as used on other Specializeds of the time and looks just right , I think.
:D
Pics down there somewhere \/\/\/\/\/

Quick update for a few modifications.... new spds, Race Face Air Alloy riser and 100mm SysStem. I like flats and bar ends, but in the end I feel wider riser bars are better and still in keeping with the era of the bike. So there it is........
P1090083.jpg

P1090085.jpg

Another up date as it's evolved - since the last pics, XT front mech, LX brakes and XTR 8 speed STi . I wish I had more time to ride it! :LOL:

P1020313.jpg

P1020318.jpg

P1020321.jpg

P1020323.jpg

P1020326.jpg

P1020330.jpg

Back