BoTM Sept 2010 - Trilogy Special - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mounting pedals should be a 23 seconds job, hence the bikes look rideable to me.
It's all about the .... eeeh...... right attitude (thanks Shamus ;) ). Retro, relaxed and not to serious :)

I wont buy extra pedals so I can have them pictured at same time.. :roll:
All Attitudes are my "daily riders" and I change those not so retro Time Atac -pedals on them. Yes, that takes about 30s...

How do we know that all bikes posted on this topic are fully build?
Pictures show only part of them... ;)

Some nice entries thus far.

A few points

➡️ For this month only we will allow entries without pedals. The reasons are obvious, people may well swap one set between several bikes. The rule is mainly intended to stop people entering a frame with wheels....

➡️ Remember this is retrobike. Given it's a special month I'll probably put most things through to the final poll but please try and keep things at least over 10 years old.

➡️ mikee which three would you like to submit ot the final poll?

➡️ Those who have submitted pictures with more than three bicycles please be aware these will not be put through to the poll.

➡️ Might be nice if any submitted pictures at least tried to show most of the bikes.[/b]

@Jupke, guess you will be 23 seconds behind everyone at the start of the next ride then :D

@Shamus...good God man stop sniveling, you can't tell the rest of us that you don't have a couple extra pair of pedals lying around you could have bent over and threaded them in a total of 46 seconds according to Jupke and then you would have been following the rules.

@John regarding the pedal swapping/no pedals....you trying to pull the wool over our eyes?....guys got the Attitude of three people and can't afford three sets of the same type of pedals. Those Attitudes run what 2K or more when new? If he's got to have a mortgage to own three Attitudes without the same pedals he's in the wrong hobby.

mfh126":2eqhrho1 said:
you need pedals in order for your bikes to be considered complete. :cry:

Yes : I agree
it's not acceptable !

If I remember, I had some problem with pedals in a concours, some days ago. I don't really remember when. But the judge was pityless :LOL:
I'm really not serious :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Two friends have shown beautifull bikes : Onesnark and Shamus.
but for voting, I think I won't know my friends. It will be terrible, cruel !
BOTM is really not a friendly concours :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

gm1230126":1vm1vrlr said:
@Jupke, guess you will be 23 seconds behind everyone at the start of the next ride then :D

@Shamus...good God man stop sniveling, you can't tell the rest of us that you don't have a couple extra pair of pedals lying around you could have bent over and threaded them in a total of 46 seconds according to Jupke and then you would have been following the rules.

@John regarding the pedal swapping/no pedals....you trying to pull the wool over our eyes?....guys got the Attitude of three people and can't afford three sets of the same type of pedals. Those Attitudes run what 2K or more when new? If he's got to have a mortgage to own three Attitudes without the same pedals he's in the wrong hobby.

Just for the record, I'm not talking about my own entry. It's about the other entries. If a bike is rideable in 23 seconds just by mounting pedals then it's a rideable bike for me.

FWIW I find the modern 'freeride' rig which nobody seems to have noted more upsetting than a lack of pedals.

My decsion stands for this month only. I will allow entries without pedals. Looks through the pics and you will see three entries with bikes missing pedals, not just Samu's Kleins. Please remember this is meant to be a bit of fun after all.

John":3vmo5u7z said:
FWIW I find the modern 'freeride' rig which nobody seems to have noted more upsetting than a lack of pedals.

My decsion stands for this month only. I will allow entries without pedals. Looks through the pics and you will see three entries with bikes missing pedals, not just Samu's Kleins. Please remember this is meant to be a bit of fun after all.

Could we consider this
draisienne1.jpg

as a retrobike ?
There's no pedals !!!!!!!

:LOL: :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back