NE&YORKS Noggin and Natter

Edit: they're keeping him in over night, nil by mouth from midnight as he's having general anaesthetic tomorrow so they can repair it properly!! Oops...

I know that rock drop off! Looks nowt in the video!!

Carl (see pervious photo's of the lad with the 5) was taken out of Thrunton last week on a neck board!!!

Thrunton has a habit of drawing you in and spitting you out!!!!

It's claiming some scalps this year, my wrist is still not right.

It might be something to do with Goblins. I was reading some local history books the other week that spoke of a 'bunch of evil minded hobgoblins that live amongst the rocks overlooking the castle'. That's were Hob's Nick gets it's name from. They were said to be responsible for several unaccounted for disasters in the farms that lay bellow in the valley. It is said they have also lured walkers to fall from the crag.
I was surprised to read it, especially the bit about Hobs Nick (just below the Dragonfly Pond), I always find that spot creepy on a night and have had the sense of being watched on more than one occasion.

We might have to start a superstitious ritual of cursing the little bastards before riding!

Surely a ritual should involve a bit more than cursing? Sacrifice or burning maybe?

P20":2bba3jdg said:
Surely a ritual should involve a bit more than cursing? Sacrifice or burning maybe?

We dont get a big enough turn out these days to burn or sacrifice anyone.

Just been looking through some routes from comics (planning for a weeks biking/walking with wor lass).
Found some old mbr route guide and had memories flooding back of Dr S guiding us round Cutgate and Ladybower. Not entirely sure of the route, he produces the map, less than half a sheet of A4 for a large loop :LOL:
That was all we had :LOL:

I know it's early but should we have a Christmas do this year?? I'm not talking about the Christmas Pudding Run on boxing day, but a local bimble proir to xmas followed by a Turkey Dinner and some ale afterwards.

It shouldn't take much organising but we will have to book way ahead if we get a largish group.

Any suggestions for a location??

Dr S":3s8lt3xu said:
I know it's early but should we have a Christmas do this year?? I'm not talking about the Christmas Pudding Run on boxing day, but a local bimble proir to xmas followed by a Turkey Dinner and some ale afterwards.

It shouldn't take much organising but we will have to book way ahead if we get a largish group.

Any suggestions for a location??
Thrunton and out in Morpeth or Turkey Sunday dinner at the Ridley Arms?

Had a fantastic blast around Thrunton this afternnon. Jets buzzing around, fast dry tracks. I was riding like a tart, not looking far enough down the trail for some reason. Managed to clear coming down from Coe Crag in one though :cool:

MotionX track

Back