What's that carbon Breezer doing on this thread...looks like every other plastic bike out there (gash)

Can we see some more late 80s Konas please lol

...sinnerman keep up the good work ...im pretty new on here as i have said and not an expert, but i will say thay i have learnt a lot, since being here, i have read this thread now at least twice,.......post what you want mate, and dont stop u started the thread after all, and im sure i didnt know that certain high end bikes came from the far east, i defo didnt know what joe breeze and that fella brodie looked like or that they were sill making bikes. and still riding.

mate the best thread ive read.

just a simple girl.

sinnerman im agreeing with turbo......and ive enjoyed your thread too, there seems to be an oldskoolboy network on retrobike, and im just a mere girl.................do i really fit in.......lol,

im new too, and ride a late 90s rocky mountain which i love, its alloy, with fox, xt, and xtr, but im riding my road bike a lot for work and training, and have no experience in bike building, and ive got to say how very impressed i was at your quality of builds on your konas, and really could do with some advice, on what to do next, and what would be best suited for me, i see you have helped out a lot of riders, with there builds and wondered if you could help me, i see a lot of fellas on here go out and buy a complete bike, but id like sumthing i know that fits correctly and is well specd and looks good , as well as having confidence in it, and feel sure it wont fall apart or break on first ride, i want sumthing that could be riden during the winter months to save my litespeed getting abused........any advice would be gratefully recieved...thank you miss money penny.

Re: breezer

sinnerman":2chukyyv said:
....hi neil, ........i posted the pics, as i felt, that it was relivant to certain comments and debate, that this thread has led to....certain comments about where product is made etc,, hence if you do read the thread there are also pics of current scott models, and although its not a steel tbg kona, the point for me in posting the pic, was breezer werent readily availiable to us mere mortals here in the uk, in 88/89, (sadly) . Joe breeze still designs and tests his own products, and races too. there has been a lot of talk stateside, and the man was constantly being ask to reintroduce his range of mountain bikes, after a 10 year break, from the mountain bike range to concentrate on other segments of the cycle market stateside. there is a real fan base for his bikes, and as you can see above he has developed the lightening team, using his own defusion tubing breezein dropouts etc, and the carbon cloud nine is his first carbon and first 29er, with his own take on the frame design and specific geometry tweaks, to make it a potential top performer, in this market segment.

for me a possible future classic, time will tell, but i just hope that someone has the forsight to import and distribute them here in the uk for the 2011 model range, i also feel if they do get to see shop floors here in the uk, it could be a retroride of the future afterall.

i thought i might post this thread for you to read (if you havnt already), you might find it very interesting, especially joes own comments.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

in the meantime i openly invite any and all retrobikers to include any comments and good pics of all konas new and old, or indeed and any bike they had from back then that they feel, holds a special place for them and would love to hear there stories about it too (as im sure others would).........ie, stunning bike of lgf...overburys...(SEE ABOVE), any dave lloyd, dave yates, chas roberts, zinn, etc etc etc, early saracen, muddyfox, specilized, cannondale even, its all about seeing all these bikes on one thread so readers can compare design differences etc around that period in time, and all on one thread......,?????????????? show us your bikes?????????

Good points there....I spotted the plastic without after seeing some of the Konas and felt let down lol

Will be interesting to see how the Breezers sell now the marketplace has changed so much over the years...more competition out there so will probabky rely on fanbase/old schoolers to fly the flag :D

Back