Anodising a frame.

Stick Legs

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My Pace is starting to look a biut scruffy. It has a while yet before it needs refinishing but I would prefer it to be anodised rather than painted.

All the anodisers I speak to around here won't touch it. Pace aren't interested either.

Has anyone got any ideas??

BTW I was thinking dark green anodised.

Cheers.

I think part of the problem is a tank big enough for a frame is not common, especially in funny colours.
The prep is pretty important for an even finish too. Not sure I would risk it myself unless it was waaay bad to start.

Fancy Paint

A better option would be to get it dipped by Hydrographics at Tadcaster! Tougher than ano, less weight than paint anf literally any colour/print you could dream of! Anyhing from Metalflake to animal print to camo'!

gump":3gji05is said:
The prep is pretty important for an even finish too. Not sure I would risk it myself unless it was waaay bad to start.

Interesting point. Maybe that is why they are not keen.

Re: Fancy Paint

Wold Ranger":fpkw7dub said:
A better option would be to get it dipped by Hydrographics at Tadcaster! Tougher than ano, less weight than paint anf literally any colour/print you could dream of! Anyhing from Metalflake to animal print to camo'!

That sounds interesting. What is dipping?? More details please sir!

That link doesn't work, thought about having graphics done on my bike before a stripped and polished it

Dipping

The web site is down acording to a contact I have that has a lot of work done, here are the contact details:
Hydrographics
Unit 4, The Airfield
Brockett Industrial Estate, Acaster Malbis
York
YO23 2PT(Road Map)
North Yorkshire
Tel: 01904 778188
Internet: URL not known

Managing Director - John Sykes

A centrefire rifle is around £215, but that includes a total strip and rebuild, a frame should be less as it only involves a surface strip/rub down. They do a lot of motor bikes so a cycle frame would be no problem.

Back