Orange E4 back to life......

smiler99

Dirt Disciple

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Struggled getting these forks on because of steerer length, would have liked em with a few spacers on but it was worth it at 420 grams...ill post the weight of the bike when i can find some scales.

It was in pretty bad way before mikey powder coated it.
As far as the forks go, i was setting the bike up for road biking mostly and was going for lightness.

Ah, it's that one! I kept a copy of the picture he took of it when he bought it. It's a 98 frame but it seems to have been a colour more like the 99 orange colour than the 98 red (see below). I don't know whether it can have faded to that colour, but anyway he has repainted it closer to as it was and I must say I prefer it to the original colour.

I have one that is still red, but I haven't got round to building it up yet. I must pluck up the courage to apply the Gil decals quite soon and then it will look a lot like the original. Except that I'll try to apply the decals straight, unlike the catalogue pic! And it will have an RC36, you can rest assured of that.

What are your riding impressions? I'm looking forward to finding out how comfortable it is, in line with the Orange publicity blurbs. Or not, as the case may be.

Attachments

• 1998 E4 catalogue photo size 17 w Z2s.jpg
    1998 E4 catalogue photo size 17 w Z2s.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,215
  • 1998 E4 size 19 in rough state.jpg
    1998 E4 size 19 in rough state.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,215
I havnt been on it really yet, just gear testing up and down street tbh, i have 3 young kids and get very little free time atm too, ill have to get some lights on it and ride at night as its the only time i have to myself.It is soooo light at the front now with those forks, cant wait to see how it handles, ill let you know.

Back