Spooky Bandwagon

WOW! i go away for the weekend and come back to all this Spooky love!! :cool:

EarlofBarnet":23l8o1ri said:
That is one stunning bike. Something I'd aspire to build if funds allowed. Very nice
Thank you! It's nice to know i'm going down the right route with it and hopefully doing it full justice. Just need to keep in mind the whole reason why i started it in the first place :)

Mobes":23l8o1ri said:
like the bike a lot

but as a fellow VW owner (got a 73 bug and a 78 bay) im enjoying the pics of the beetles more
Pleased you like the bug pics... Hope to get it back out on the road someday, it deserves it! Been too long now :)

carter711":23l8o1ri said:
That looks lovely, reminds me of my Chute that is the same size and runnin the same legendary and most iconic suspension fork.

The seat angle doesn't complement it though. It needs to be low and pointing slightly up for that 4x racer look (just for the photos! )
I knew i'd forget to tweak the seat haha, will remember for next time.. ;) Cheers mate!

LeeDevelopment":23l8o1ri said:
I'm absolutely LOVING that build, a close friend had a khaki green Metalhead back in the day.

Here's the modern Bandwagon, still a proto at the moment mind:
Cheers Lee :) Really pleased with how it's coming along!
Thanks for posting the new proto up for comparison too.. It's cool to see how things have changed and progressed, it looks great. Be interesting to see how it goes down with everyone when it's released in final form

eastcoaststeve":23l8o1ri said:
Aero, liking the gold bars alot...can't wait to see it done.
Thanks steve, me tooo... :D

Neil G":23l8o1ri said:
Looking great

Need some close up/detail pics of it when it's finished
Cheers Neil,
I'd be more than happy to oblige ;) ... Just hope the sun still shines when the time comes!

Wayne
[phew]

Wow some great inspiration for my Metalhead build!

I was just going to chuck all my spare bits at it... I have a little more direction now.

CTK":1475kzcx said:
Wow some great inspiration for my Metalhead build!

I was just going to chuck all my spare bits at it... I have a little more direction now.

Cheers!... I'll also be watching your build with interest!! :cool:

HELP!

Hey Aeronaut!
I have a bandwagon and have been looking for months for the disc-mount adapter that you've shown in your pics!

I understand that Squiffy made it for you!? I've mailed him but have had no response yet! I'm happy to pay for it. Im sure you can appreciate how frustrating getting this sorted is and I've been trying for months!

Please help!

Cheers

Re: HELP!

Kieronic":1x9imhck said:
Hey Aeronaut!
I have a bandwagon and have been looking for months for the disc-mount adapter that you've shown in your pics!

I understand that Squiffy made it for you!? I've mailed him but have had no response yet! I'm happy to pay for it. Im sure you can appreciate how frustrating getting this sorted is and I've been trying for months!

Please help!

Cheers

Hi there!,
Yes Squiffy was kind enough to offer to have one made for me which was a huge help... I'm know without his assistance i'd have been looking for an eternity so can fully understand the frustrations you're having, they're certainly not easy to just come by by any means.
I was willing to have one made up myself based on some measurements but having it made for me saved a lot of troubles. It needs to be pretty accurate as you're probably aware. It may be the only option otherwise unless you do manage to stumble upon one that isn't attached to a frame.

Hope he can help you out but I know he was quite busy and don't know how often he gets on here to check pm's etc. Give it some time :)
If you don't have any luck with anything drop me a line and i'll see if i can measure the one I have. Can get access to digital calipers if it comes to it. Getting one machined shouldn't be too tricky... there isn't much to the mount so should be fairly simple for someone who knows what they're doing

Good luck with it in the meantime ;)

Post up some shots of you're bike sometime, would love to see it!

Wayne

Thanks!

Hi Wayne!
Thanks for that... Squiffy has already replied and said he will do what he can... Thanks again Squiffy, and to you, sir!

Everyone is so pleasant and helpful on this site! It's great!

I will be sure to post a few photos of my labour of love, once she is ready.

I've spent months scouring eBay for specific and rare parts.

You wouldn't happen to know anywhere I can get a set of Spooky decals do you!?

I got the frame of eBay and they were trashed, so I took them off and cleaned it up as best I could, but it slightly resembles your typical stolen bike, sprayed completely black!

Thanks once again for all your help so far!!

Have you finished your bandwagon yet!?

No problem at all :)

It's good to hear you may be getting closer to that elusive mount, nice one!

Still got a little way to go with this one, namely wheels built, tyres and gearing... thats it, so not long now i hope.
It's been a fair few months or so already also getting to this stage but have enjoyed it thus far. Sounds like you're having a similar journey with your wiley beast :) Had about enough of trawling through ebay though, especially when it throws up items when you least expect them... all fun!

Regarding decals - I shall probably get some printed at some stage. Just need to copy them directly from the originals still on the bike and recreate them. I won't worry about these until the bike's complete as they aren't too bad, just a few scrapes. Haven't tried Spooky direct for these but they may still have some laying about. Be nice to have the decals on file though for whenever they're needed... or if someone else needs a set ;)

Decals!

Hi Again...
I have tried before... also in vain to get hold of some decals..
I emailed Spooky in the states who said to email them in November of last year.. which I did and they never got back to me! Then I noticed one chap selling a bandwagon on the bay,he had refurbed.

I asked him if he could reproduce a set for me and again, never heard from him again! Drat!

Understandably it's not on your list of priorities, but if you do end up getting a set made, I'll happily chip in for some!?

Until then, I've everything crossed in the hope that Squiffy can rustle-up that holy-grail of an adapter that I'm sure many bandwagon owners are in search of!!

Good luck with your project and speak to ya soon!

Of course, i'd have no worries helping out! I'll bear you in mind when i get round to doing the decals... Will probably start drawing them up later in the year after the bikes rolling :) Was thinking about doing some Metalhead ones too while i'm at it, just incase :LOL: I do fancy one of those so might be good to be prepared.

Keep me posted how you get on with the mount and such... and best of luck with your build mate! It'll all come together in time, the wait will be worth it :)

Back