Project sparepartsycle

fuzzywig":2s27kxvi said:
I guessing the Singlespeed ratios you guys are giving me are for off road?

I've been running 42/17 and I get bored of spinning that after about 5 miles. It's great I can get up all the hills fine. I live in Hastings it's a hilly town but the coastal flats need a bigger gear I'm gonna try 42/15 and push it up the big hills and speed along the sea front!

Thanks to everyone for their comments :D

I live in hastings too :)

find my 34/18 set up ok for general riding and messing about on

What do you ride Mobes?

You're not the guy who rides the 80's Hutch BMX along the seafront are you :twisted:

Back to this ratio business do all you guys ride big heavy bikes with big knobby tyres? these 34t chainrings for road riding seem crazy to me.

42/17 was OK today 10 miles into a headwind, most of the afternoon BMX riding, 10 miles home. Any tail wind or downhill its freewheeling all the way.

fuzzywig":91irkgyn said:
What do you ride Mobes?

You're not the guy who rides the 80's Hutch BMX along the seafront are you :twisted:

Back to this ratio business do all you guys ride big heavy bikes with big knobby tyres? these 34t chainrings for road riding seem crazy to me.

42/17 was OK today 10 miles into a headwind, most of the afternoon BMX riding, 10 miles home. Any tail wind or downhill its freewheeling all the way.

i run a 44 - 13/14 on my Cannondale commuter. Gear inches of about 81. Tried 36/11 no good, tried 42/12 no better.

fuzzywig":312c95ar said:
What do you ride Mobes?

i wish!

ive got nothing retro in the stable at the moment :( im normally out and about on this

47295_427851856206_596846206_5526366_488141_n.jpg

Ive got a Commencal Meta 6 as well

Thanks for the colour info Fuzzywig. Thats the colour sorted then (for my '89 Tuff Trax restoration).
Once again, great build mate, looks awesome.
Cheers

Thanks for the colour info Fuzzywig. Thats the colour sorted then (for my '89 Tuff Trax restoration).

Not a problem Frogskins...

That's a nice looking pavement plaything you've got there Mobes :cool:

42/15 is much better (I can understand why gears caught on though)

Thanks to all :D

Entered for BOTM (not a hope), so a good excuse to show some updates! Went to help my Gran out in her garden today, as good an excuse for a ride as any...

Weather wasn't great but always nice to go for a ride. :cool:

Better tyres, 1.7 Ritchey Z Max WCS. Better saddle Avocet o2. Better cable colours :D Bigger c'ring 44t Syncros.

Beautiful to ride!

Back