2001 KLEIN ATTITUDE (17.8lbs) mars cl and kcnc nokon (scales

weight

• under 19lbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • over 19lbs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey Marin Man. Just to let you Know Nokon is actually heavier than Shimano XTR housing. Yumeya is even lighter still and Jagwire is also lighter. The lightest available housing is alligator Mini I-links, available in a few anodised colours. (Edit: I was wrong about the weights there...:oops: )

If you have the money there are 46g inner tubes called 'Eclipse' but they are pricey.

I weighed a length of xtr of the equivalent size and it was not lighter than nokon, :? looks cool as well :cool:
How much are the tubes as I could go tubeless but the gunk would weigh more than the tubes at 46gm :shock:

In that link the xtr brake outer is listed at 58.5gm per metre and the nokon at 38gm per metre (the nokon inner are the same thickness as gear cables so a bit lighter there too),and the innertubes are amazingly light but look like never ending condoms to me....not that anyone would see them :LOL:

Im using Jagwire kevlar housing @ 39g per metre. I find it shifts better than the Nokon too and I prefer the look. I have it in white with gold ferrules on the ends (ala Yumeya) :cool:

picture001da.jpg

How about a 12.7g per metre shifter housing?

http://luckynino.blogspot.com/2009/03/a ... leset.html

Holy crap....I would have bought those ..a bit pink though :oops:

the jagwire has been very abrasive to your chainstay :shock: and your bike is dirty too ugh ugh :LOL:

Thats previous wear. Frames due a re-spray soon. In the meantime I like to smear local mud on it to make it look like I actually ride rather than sit in front of retrobike.co.uk all day! :LOL:

The i-link could just be looking a bit pink from the photo. It was the first one I saw. In this one it looks OK I think...

red.jpg

Back