Scottish bike shops

what about "THE BIG ECK MOUNTAIN MUCHER RANGE" dh bikes ? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

it could catch on :twisted:

i honestly think the best route to go would be unbranded frames built to order / customers own spec ;)

i'd need a basic spec chart showing parts and prices as a rough guide .

Boing for this.

My two chosen shops don't seem to be on the bikescheme list, recommendations please :) somwhere with bike savy and could help figure out a build.

My LBS is a Transition Dealer - BikeWorx Dundee, they are on the scheme.
What makes are you after? ... and type off bike?

I like transitions but I'm really after a commuter. I dinae really need another moontain bike :eek:

I could get a Genesis quite easy but also fancy a Salsa or Surly and wanted to bounce a few ideas around with someone who would know what I'm talking about or was at least competent enough to build them. I had Riks in mind and Willy Bains and also a shop in Glasgow called Bike Love but none appear to be on the cyclescheme list. Gear of Glasgow used to be quite good and I guess Alpine bikes and Dales see enough stuff passing through them.

I started a thread a few days ago and I'm tending towards a cross bike or monstercross or offroady tourer type. A pure cross bike looks nice but something with a wee bit more practicality might be better though alot now came with braze ons :eek:

Another one for Willy Bain :cool:
Been using him when he was chief mechanic at McMartins Cycles and when he got his own place.
McMartins Cycles i'd recommend as well :D
I dont know much about Gear but i have heard several very good references,The owner Joe is a very nice chap and will always give you his time
More of a Fixie/SS type shoppe,but let's not hold that against Him :LOL:
Downside of Gear,is they dont have anything in the way of 'old school' spares :? 3 washers,a couple of bolts and a split pin was all they had last time i was there

For old school bits and bobs and just downright quality of service ,i'd stick with Mr B.
PS Willy has loads of old maintainence manuals,so if your really stuck,he will lend you what you need :cool:

I was in Glasgow yesterday on business and just happened to wander past Willie Bains shop so I popped in. He didn't have what I wanted but was a very nice guy.

Back