Coast 2 Coast hArdGay Off Road - Sat 25th/Sun26th September

Inverness to Ardgay is about 45 miles, so even 18 minutes is I think a bit optimistic, implying an average speed of 150mph. And if you are stopping to pick people up and put bikes on the back of the car...

My gut is liking the brekkie idea... What is there on the A9? I know there's a Little Chef before Perth, but is there anything after so we can rope Rob and TK in as well?

The Polish contingent will be leaving Glasgow about 6-ish. We'll keep our eyes open for the silver blur of der autobahn meister rocketing past.

The Little Chef was bulldozed about two years ago, and there is nothing there now. However there is a cafe just before Newtonmore at Ralia, the closest the A9 north of Perth gets to a service station (but no petrol there, be warned). It's signposted from the A9 (it's right beside it) and there is a slip road to it, just after a turn off to a caravan park that tends to fool you into thinking that is the road.

Another option is to take the turn off for Aberdeen just past Raigmore hospital and go to the big Tesco in the Inverness Retail and Business Park for the all day breakfast there.

Also Tescos at Perth just off the A9 if ZZ needs quick calorific intake.

Importantly - wife's friend sends reports of HORIZONTAL SLEET in Ullapool today :cool:

Mr Panda":2hgvytz1 said:
Also Tescos at Perth just off the A9 if ZZ needs quick calorific intake.

Importantly - wife's friend sends reports of HORIZONTAL SLEET in Ullapool today :cool:
:?

It figures, tonight was the first time since spring that I wished I'd worn my gloves while out for my jog / stagger / walk (triathlete y'see) around Falkirk.

Speaking of calorific intake, my dad's making a big pot stovies tomorrow. I shall be packing some for the trip, should I bring a little extra? :D

yeah weather like the last few days could make it a cracker :LOL:

Might be an idea just to get a bite when we arrive, as the longer in bed the better for me haha and I recon a time of 4 hours is more likely!

you want to take my motor Mr K? No problems getting it dirty. I might be persuaded to make a bacon sannie for the start of the journey :D

zigzag":21l64pej said:
My gut is liking the brekkie idea... What is there on the A9? I know there's a Little Chef before Perth

Sorry it is the Little Chef at Tomatin that I was talking about as having been bulldozed.

zigzag":4gl828h9 said:
Speaking of calorific intake, my dad's making a big pot stovies tomorrow. I shall be packing some for the trip, should I bring a little extra? :D

Mmmmm 2 week old stovies, turn the walk of pain into the squidgy waddle of soggy gussets. :)

The Ken":1ec54ggg said:
zigzag":1ec54ggg said:

Mmmmm 2 week old stovies, turn the walk of pain into the squidgy waddle of soggy gussets. :)
There's this device called a freezer... Enjoy your dry jacobs cream crackers, smerty breeks.

Back