Retro Claud Butler

alpinestar222

Devout Dirtbag
I've located (in my Dad's garage under a cover) a very very nice Claud Butler mtb around 1990-95 he thinks? Reynolds 501 tubing Exage 400LX, all original with lugged frame and Made in England decals on seat stay. It is a very bright yellow and pretty much as shiny as the day it was bought. He bought it off someone and not realising it's size (19-20 inch) it was way too large and it got put to one side till I found it :D .
I will get photos at the weekend, I was curious of Claud butler's desirability really? I'd prefer to offer it for sale for him on here as it's so original. Looks like it's never been offroad at all and only been ridden a few times.
If it's not really the type of thing that floats peoples's boat I'll just leave it there for another 10 years :)

Reynolds 501 with 400LX is not the kind of thing most people get off on unfortunately.

It'd make an OK hack, but it ain't gonna make a mint.

It just seems a shame to sit there unused but I know what you mean It's not my cup of tea either but everyone's different :)
He's 5'7" so its beyond too big for him :roll:
I'll probably end up giving it a polish up and Ebay it.

http://firstflightbikes.com/1990_Claud_Butler.htm

ClauSide.JPG

This is ours that somehow made it across the pond. Not a horrible bike but definitely nothing special.

I think firstflight got it spot on there. That era, the CB brand were ok lower end bikes. The later ones were rubbish

hold on a mo some of use might just like claud butlers i would be interested in a pic of the bike plz

i speak for my self not the mass,s

I'll be giving it a wash tomorrow so once its cleaned up I'll take some pictures and post them.
That will be after my early morning ride of course...
priorities and all that :LOL:

Back