Ally's Explosive: Completed.

Well, pretty much done.

Phone701.jpg

Still got a few bits of fine tuning to do, but this is complete now. Hope you approve.

Phone700.jpg

Its been a good project for me, enjoyed it a lot, with a bit of learning as well. Mind you, I do need to practice a bit more, but that's what this project has been all about for me.

Phone699.jpg

Its been good taking the time and reworking old parts and getting them to a more usable condition. Relearned welding, spraying, polishing. Also had a spate of folk needing wheels built, so did the wheels for this the other night; another thing I've not done in a while.

Phone697.jpg

Remarkably I've enjoyed taking my time over it and not trying to rush things. Happy just letting it come together. Pretty much had no choice due to work and money constraints.

Phone698.jpg

Time to start looking for a new project.

Excellent work :D I love it when someone goes this far with a resto rather than the buy and bolt on, and all the better if you can make 'budget' components look that good :cool:

:oops: That last post was after I'd only read the first page :eek: once again amazing work, I look forward to seeing this soon maybe?

Awesome work :cool: , looks superb, love the drill/milling work, spat some chicken sandwich on the monitor when i seen the "Weld Repair" stickers :LOL:

kona

loads of graft there mate, good stuff :cool:

the polishing work especially does it for me.

ps. trust that fly on the r/h brake lever to ruin the shot :LOL: :roll:

Cheers folks. Here's some more pics.

Temp009.jpg

The drilling was more for the look as weight savings would be pretty negligable. Every bit helps though I suppose.

Temp012.jpg

I am pleased with the end result overall, but not exstatic - there are areas I can definately improve on:

Temp011.jpg

I do have a lot to learn for the spraying side of things. I've got a better idea for what to do next time though.

Temp010.jpg

What to do next though?

Temp013.jpg

Cheers again folks.

Back