Re: here are 3 of my bikes

mountainloz":39591b5w said:
I've left the 4th one off as it is a 2010 model, not exactly retro
i hope you like them
'? Saracen Tuff Trax - Rigid
'97 Mountaincycle MOHO - HT
'04 Kona Stinky - FS
all kitted out with Hope discs, XT and RaceFace chainsets

Really like those for a trio of bikes. Very versitile (sp?) range there, something for any ride out. Job well done :)

GoldenEraMTB":2luage5z said:
Ductape":2luage5z said:
Three Sisters Blue.

First of all, don't mind the dirt. It's been damp here the past few days and all three of these have been getting plenty of riding time. There will be time for detailed cleaning when the season is done.

84 Vintage, 85 Classic, 86 Retro.

I like Ritcheys. I know there are several who frequent this site who have nicer ones than these, but if they won't represent, I will.

Vintage 84 TimberWolf. Done up in a mix of era correct parts: Suntour, Saturn, Bullmoose, DiaCompe, just before the reign of Shimano was to really take off.

Classic 85 TimberComp. First Gen. Suntour Rollercams front and rear. Converted with a WTB dirt drop setup. This thing screams to be ridden fast and far. Complete white label XT group on RM20's. Ground Controls. WTB front end. Campy brake levers and headset. My latest build and now favorite bike.

Retro 86 Aspen. Curious about dirt drop riding, I put this bike together last summer to see what it was all about (read above for conclusion. Absolutely love it). An eclectic mix of old; DX group, RM20's matched together with the new; On One, Cane Creek, Shimano bar ends, Armadillo's etc. With the addition of a rack, fenders, and slicks this bike now see's a lot of road riding. It spends most of it's time in my office at work, beckoning for an afternoon ride.

It can be a challenge justifying three bikes so much alike, but I think it was pulled off pretty well here. a different purpose for each one.

Cheers,
T

khs6928-1.jpg

khs6943-1.jpg

very cool, and great explanation :cool:

wowaweeewow me make sexy time :cool:

This isn't fair!! I have 3 lovely Jamis, but one of them is in Germany. Anyone on here good with photoshop :LOL:

makster":sgwv5rcy said:
This isn't fair!! I have 3 lovely Jamis, but one of them is in Germany. Anyone on here good with photoshop :LOL:

I figure someone is going to post some cool photoshop print soon enough.....Look forward.....

Noimination

Here is my nomination..........Three GT's

95 RTS 2

96 Avalanche

03 Zaskar Pro

Attachments

• GT Three.jpg
    GT Three.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 703
Ductape":bs41sslq said:
Three Sisters Blue.

First of all, don't mind the dirt. It's been damp here the past few days and all three of these have been getting plenty of riding time. There will be time for detailed cleaning when the season is done.

84 Vintage, 85 Classic, 86 Retro.

I like Ritcheys. I know there are several who frequent this site who have nicer ones than these, but if they won't represent, I will.

Vintage 84 TimberWolf. Done up in a mix of era correct parts: Suntour, Saturn, Bullmoose, DiaCompe, just before the reign of Shimano was to really take off.

Classic 85 TimberComp. First Gen. Suntour Rollercams front and rear. Converted with a WTB dirt drop setup. This thing screams to be ridden fast and far. Complete white label XT group on RM20's. Ground Controls. WTB front end. Campy brake levers and headset. My latest build and now favorite bike.

Retro 86 Aspen. Curious about dirt drop riding, I put this bike together last summer to see what it was all about (read above for conclusion. Absolutely love it). An eclectic mix of old; DX group, RM20's matched together with the new; On One, Cane Creek, Shimano bar ends, Armadillo's etc. With the addition of a rack, fenders, and slicks this bike now see's a lot of road riding. It spends most of it's time in my office at work, beckoning for an afternoon ride.

It can be a challenge justifying three bikes so much alike, but I think it was pulled off pretty well here. a different purpose for each one.

Cheers,
T

khs6928-1.jpg

khs6943-1.jpg

Better pics please, coolest so far :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back