29ers

Mr Panda

PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Who's got one?

Specifically - who's got one I can try out for size?

Just for an hour or so...........

;)

Ahem...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85585

If you're coming down to Glentress next month you can play on it all weekend. It's a good bike, but Kaiser's Kona Unit 29er feels rather special, although that's based on 5 minutes of car park shenanigans.

It's an 18", about on the borderline for me size wise, but it had quite a long top tube and I didn't want any bigger.

iv'e just sold one
but the blokes not picked it up yet :roll:
tho he has paid for it :D

if you get one i do have a really nice pair of 29" wheels i may sell you

Anytime you want let me know :D Always keen to convert someone :D Spend a bit of time looking around the mtbr 29er forum lots of good ideas. I tried to convince velo he needed one of these but I think it would be up your street too.

Salsa Fargo

3023226215_b08404607b_o.jpg

NOT the prettiest bike in the world but amazingly versatile. If I didn't think with a few bits and bobs I could get the Kona doing almost the same thing I'd have bought one by now.

The Ken":1rhbwaej said:
I really like that kaiser, maybe that's the kind of "road " bike I should have built.

Quite possibly, 29ers are not the preserve of normal heighted people. The only prohibiting factor at the moment is cost, not really mainstream enough to be cheap :(

They're the same as 700c so you can run fat road tyres, hybrid, cross and 29er specific. Most of the popular 26" sizes are available and not really at a price penalty.

Aaaa I see ..................... its no really fur me likes :roll:
Its just some body I know, cough cough!

:LOL: Rob if you....or your friend wants a go your more than welcome.

Back