weight

• under 19lbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • over 19lbs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
weight

Hope skewers are not light, so yes worth a change, XT M750 front mechs are lighter than XTR, mine weighes 95g, Precision billet rear mech with alloy and Ti bolt kit, mine weighes 153g, Token Ti ceramic BB weighes 85g in Isis ( but mine is 107mm-fits well though)
Pauls compact levers weigh just over 120g the pair and work really well, KCNC are ok at 44g but are sharp on your fingers, Bar? 150g? Try a Smolke at 75? or Spesh thermo even 120g? I use VP Ti flatties at 100g a piece, or for clips BeBop Ti at 90 each.
Foam grips, Titec, Bonty etc only weigh 9 to 15g, Must use Grip shift shifters and save another 100g, 8 speed XTR M950 12-28 will weigh less than Dura ace, unless you can source an 11-27 all Ti Dura ace cassette which were available once (individual cogs with alloy spacers-weighed about 120g)

:shock: Thanks for that :shock:

A few things that I will not compromise on though for strength sake,are bars,pedals as I love the xtr with ti axles.
But grips may go for lighter soon,and skewers.
I may,go gripshift nine speed but I like rapidfire so will have a think :?
And the dura ace 11>21 that I have is massively light and I have seen nothing lighter yet,it is titanium and two joined together at each rivet :shock:

Quite a build :D

Personally I'd go nine speed on that and make a really simple front chain guard or use a Pauls one. Done it on two of my heafty bikes and it does cut a fair bit of weight.

marin man":48i8ket5 said:
I have the carbon fork already and have painted it in linear fade to match :cool: faded to carbon low down

Got any pics? how much you get them for? How much would you charge to paint my ones when I get them? How difficult is it? I'm guessing just sand them down with a fine paper, prime then spray colour of your choice? or is it mor involved?

Cheers

Neil G":2qzhyffk said:
Quite a build :D

Personally I'd go nine speed on that and make a really simple front chain guard or use a Pauls one. Done it on two of my hefty bikes and it does cut a fair bit of weight.

I quite like to have the full compliment of gears myself neil,but yes I could save a bit more weight but I am quite happy with it at the moment :cool:

stevec1975":2b3jqnrq said:
marin man":2b3jqnrq said:
I have the carbon fork already and have painted it in linear fade to match :cool: faded to carbon low down

Got any pics? how much you get them for? How much would you charge to paint my ones when I get them? How difficult is it? I'm guessing just sand them down with a fine paper, prime then spray colour of your choice? or is it mor involved?

Cheers

Pics below,It is fairly fiddly to get the fade right but if you want some tips pm me :cool:

Attachments

• P1010446.JPG
    P1010446.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 1,432
Found some kcnc levers at last and should be here in the morning :cool: also nokon brake cables in red tommorrow,then a quick re-weigh and finished again :LOL:

Back