Satin Black 91 Aluminium O

Liking the look of this one. Satin black is something different making it stand out a bit I think. The classic lines of the O look fab.

I love those mavic headsets too. Got one on my Bigfoot.

ShiftySteve":db4n8hix said:
I'm a bit torn over what to do with the decals for it. I'm having a set made up at present in orange, but i'm wondering if shiny black would look good against the matt/satin powdercoat. the same as Cannondale use on their badboy.

Any comments welcome as i'm undecided.

Looking good, the Satin black really suits the 'O', but then I am biased!!.... we'll have to have a 'Show us your O' thread soon ( no reference to the Gok Kwan thing btw!!) :oops: :LOL:

@ brock..... cheers fella. I've just finished the orange and white fade 'O' too but haven't taken any pics yet.... small ride to Paris got in the way!

I've got the Aluminium 'O' decals on file and access to a vinyl cutter if your having trouble getting hold of some graphics Steve, give us a shout.

Cheers,
boy'O'boy

Hi BoyOboy

I might take you up on the transfers but i'll let you know. I paid a shed load of cash to some graphics company in Sheffield to make some original decals up using photos of the original bikes. Problem is, theyve gone all quiet on me and keep fobbing me off. Three months since i paid, so i'm on the verge of paying them a visit if they dont sort them out soon.

it's all square in the orange/black decal vote.

keep those opinions coming!

i have just got one of these frames (now i have 2 in my fleet!:D ) i was hoping not to have to spray it but because the decal cock up on mine was so bad i have just dropped it off at the powder coaters for a black paint job. i'll defo go down the orange coloured decal route though as i think black on black would be too stealthy.

looking good though, :cool: there is something about the mavic headsets that suit this frame, i have a black XT in my other O and i have xtr on my elite but i'm leaning towards a mavic for this build.

also just out of interest what fork is that on yours? and what is the axle to crown length? i have an original aluminium O fork on my O and i hate the way that rides but on my elite i have an rc30 and that rides very well, i haven't decided what to fit to this one yet. :?

Jonnyboy666 - Axle to crown measures in at 385mm. The forks are original Aluminium O. I've never ridden them as my original bike had RC30s. I'll see how they feel when it's finished.
Just needs cables and brakes now and i'll be off out to get it dirty!

Oh, and I learned a valuable lesson (and for anyone else setting out to build one of these) last night.

If you are going to buy one of these fancy mavic headsets, make sure your stem has an integrated (or welded) cable guide for the front cantis. the top nut shrouds the whole top of the headset so you cant get a headset mounted hanger in. Luckily i had a spare stem with a hanger. Otherwise you'll be stuck with v-brakes.

Every day is a school day.

Where was the powder coat done?

Sorry for a slight thread hijack but this is my first post and wanted to be direct with it

I see your in Derbyshire and I'm just wondering where you got the powder coat done? It looks really good and I'm after somewhere cheap and close as I'm thinking about getting my 95 Kona done at some point soon. I want somewhere that knows what their doing with a bike but don't want to pay argos/ mercian prices for enamel.

My vote goes on the gloss black and orange as I think that would look really sweet.

Cheers

Terry

#94 is done.

Will post some better pics when the weather is better.

Big thanks goes to boy o boy, GT steve and all others who supplied the bits.

Attachments

• Image0595.jpg
    Image0595.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,005
  • Image0596.jpg
    Image0596.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,005
Back