1985 Raleigh Maverick

I have been enjoying the Maverick a lot lately, I have added a new seatpost with some extra length and M700 Deer head mechs.

A few pics of the beast in action :razz:

FOD July ;

FODJuly2010014.jpg

Who is Riding the Maverick :shock:
FODJuly2010017.jpg

forestofdeanride031.jpg

forestofdeanride026.jpg

Woodbury Common - Nr Exeter Aug ;

IMG_3877.jpg

IMG_3879.jpg

IMG_3880.jpg

at school i had a raleigh lizard and everyone thought it was the coolest bike in the bike shed until i got a peugeot anaconda then they thought that was the coolest until my mate got a tequesta :x

I had a Raliegh Mustang from Webbs when I was a kid! Good to see it still going these days.

Think the bike looks good when good and muddy!, is it a heavy ride though?

the_duke":2id56ms0 said:
I had a Raliegh Mustang from Webbs when I was a kid! Good to see it still going these days.

Think the bike looks good when good and muddy!, is it a heavy ride though?

:LOL: If it was between Sept 1990 and Dec 1992 then I could have sold it you :LOL:

The old Maverick is slightly heavy but it creates great traction :LOL: It rides surprisingly well and is good through the technical stuff.

i had the same one.......great pics too..............it reminds me of an early stumpy...........loving the plastic shifters..........after all this time in mint order too........

Great to see a Maverick in use still. Hope it is still running well.

I had the 5 speed and sidepull brake version back in '86. I still have the frame and forks and maybe even the wheels in the roof of my garage. I gave up on the restoration project when I drew a blank on finding replacement brake levers. Might have to start looking again after seeing this thread.

I might just do that tbh. I will drag it out for a winter project and might turn it into a towpath cruiser/tourer.

Mine still has sidepull brakes (anyone got any Lee Chi or similar big old brake levers lying around then let me know) and with the steel rims it made for 'interesting braking!

Remind me, did the 15 speed version have alloy rims?

Must confess I keep coming back to this thread for inspiration for my winter project now!

Pretty much got all the bits and bob'c together incl some retro tyres and even the old original steel wheels. Going to get the 5 speed friction shift up and running too. I am still stuck with brake levers but have seen some Diamond Back BMX ones that might do the trick - what do you reckon?

I might just 'borrow' the tan saddle look too! sorry ;)

Back