1994 Bigfoot Smokestone

more like "shockingtech" but yes it was, it was Ivan Marchant's race bike, still got the pix, have to post them on here. he won the national expert XC title that year at Eastnoor, Malvern.

biggerfeet":id1gkvrf said:
more like "shockingtech" but yes it was, it was Ivan Marchant's race bike, still got the pix, have to post them on here. he won the national expert XC title that year at Eastnoor, Malvern.

Oooh - please post them. Will be a nice bit of nostalgia. Remember the shocktech forks looking very sweet - evidently didn't deliver though :)

Re: Bigfoot Smokestone

biggerfeet":1xlb9l2k said:
i'll have to dig mine out. its gold ano with Acutrax rigid forks, contrl tech stem and a ti hope bb

:cool: Would love to see that Graham! Gold Ano sounds sweeet! Glad you are liking the bike too :D

Luke

Right then, having taken on board the comments about holding back on the red. . . . I totally ignored them! :LOL:

I think it works but your honest assessment is appreciated, I think I may be somewhat biased.

Parts added, Ritchey Tyres, Ritchey levers, Ritchey grips, Middleburn Chain-ring, X-lite bars, Generic red seat-post, ATAC stem.

p1010417.jpg

p1010413l.jpg

The decals are more or less ready too which is brilliant, unfortunately I cant afford to pay for them until pay-day! Gutted!

I am also considering a more retro saddle, this will be last and probably a Ritchey of some type I think.

Also have x2 more problems / issues.

1. I have no stem cap / bolt with the ATAC. Does anyone have one spare or can suggest a part I can use that will do the job? This is a 1 1/4" if it makes a difference.

2. My Ritchey Superlogic levers were intended for Gripshift and I didn't realise they would impede trigger shifters. . . they do . . . .slightly :roll: I will make do for now but if anyone fancies a swap for something give me a shout.

That's it for now. Hopefully next update will be the last. :D

Nice :cool:

I seem to recall there was a ti version too or am I imagining things :?

Keep coming back to this one :D hopefully I'll have one coming very soon too. I've been reading through some old threads trying to piece together some info. I've some old mags and I'll see if theres any ads or articles.

Back