Look MI80 . First ride out page 6

Taking shape nicely fella, looks like a thoroughly nice XT build too. Please tell me you're running canti's on this, for once.... :roll: :LOL:

Can't help thinking all-black RL brake levers would look a little better :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: yep it will be cantis fella , some nice black logics.. :) ;) ,, Black logic levers would go nice but the only person I know who has them wont sell them :roll: :roll: ,, I thought he was my mate but ya nah! how it is round these parts :LOL: :LOL:

I'm hoping its going to ride nice after all this,,, the BB was well and truly stuck , which I was annoyed with, nearly all the threads on the frame were goosed..
:twisted:

Tomorrow I'll strip and service the headset and replace if needed,, and I'll re-thread and clean the forks up.. ;)

Looking good Si - def the right choice of saddle ;)

Not far off being finished now.............

:) Thanks guys... I think it will be a real nice ride.. :)

Gaz.. yea this period of XT in my opinion too is the best :) :cool:

Looking forward to seeing the end result Si ! This will be quite a unique bike :cool:

:) Cheers woody,, yea there does not seem to be too many around I think there is only mine, CTK's and albatros38's on this site at least.. :)

I'd love to know how many more are around in the UK,,, not many I suspect :cool: :cool:

Nice to see another Look! It's looking great. :)
I have a Look Mi60 frameset, which is also in a nice condition. I must still build it up, however. Is this frameset the same as yours? I'm curious if my fork is also made with Ritchey Logic supertubing.

1.jpg

8.jpg

:) Thanks... well from what I can gather the frames were virtually all the same,, the fork you have though is not, I don't think a logic as its got welded on mud guard eyes , unlike mine... ➡️

IMGP1761.jpg

Got round to removing the old BB and fitting a XT cup and cone BB.. running on a 127mm axle..

IMGP1767.jpg

I also started to clean and touch up the frame where needed.. :)

IMGP1766.jpg

IMGP1763.jpg

It will need more touch up paint applying and rubbing down quite a few times as the original paint is quite thick,, which explains why the paintwork is overall in VGC.. :)
I'll build the paint back up in small stages allowing each coat to dry properly, then once this is right I'll white colour T-cut back the frame and then wax up..:)

Finally I'm happy with the build specs, and I know what its going to look like built ,it will get stripped down and greased, , a final clean of the frame and polish of the components then I'll re-fit..

Back