purbecks wed night, (how hard is it ?)

zed

Retro Guru
Ive heard about this ride from a few people, is it tough,as i have been off the bike for a while and not as fit as i was, i raced bmx last sunday at bournmouth and that waked me out lol , im looking forward to meeting some new riders, ,, paul

You'll be fine, they stop every couple of miles to re-group so no-one gets left behind. Not sure about the fast group, I think they go for it.

purbecks?? Where is this meet? Do they have day time/weekend meets? Open to who? :D

It's organised by one of the bike shops in Poole but open to all. Its on Wednesday evening and starts from the Poole side of the Sandbanks ferry with the intention of catching the 18:20pm ferry if its on time or the next one if it's late. The ride normally lasts a couple of hours to do 10-15mile of fairly tough hills up and down then stop at a pub for a beer after. All very laid back. It is starting to get dark towards the end of the ride so good lights are required.

i couldnt make it, i was up at 5am so knackered by 6, ill defo try for next wed, im off out on my bike on fri, if anyone wants to meet up , i should be out by 10, but i have to be home by 3 to pick up my daughter from school, :D

Damn, I really can't make it by that time on a Weds - maybe I'll take half a day off one week? :?

Would be interested to know what route they(/you!) take?

Back