2011 salsa mukluk - update 18/2/2011

shouldnt be too bad for what i do around my local patch, i never do more than 15miles on a typical ride.

they work out at a similar size to a 29r wheel too, so similar to what im used to on my jones, though the jones tires are 2.3 that are more like 2.55, a huge tire......but still way skinny compared to the big 3.8'' larry's!

the main thing will be pushing a 34lb bike up hills when i do come to them. though its 2lb lighter than my yellow san adreas, and 4lb lighter than the similar surly pugsley weighs.

The tires are heavy, something like 1300 grams. I hope Surly will come out with a Kevlar version one day. I am using regular thickness 26" tube and they work fine, save some weight vs the snow tubes.

Stylus":2u0vak6w said:
nice one, just wondering why you didn't go with a Surly frame?

i wanted a full bike, ready to go. and also wasnt too sure on the surly geometry, the fork etc.

the steel surly is only about 4lb heavier but the bonus of an aluminium frame will suit my do it all bike better........no rust etc to worry about.

hi, the pugsley is 36lb complete with full 3x9 drivetrain.
there is a lot of talk about these salsa versions.

i love my pugs, only thing i would change would be the 100mm BB.

it doesn't really matter weight wise once you start pedalling it. there is no way you can go as fast as a regular bike. i ride only on sand and normal tracks with mine.

you will have the biggest smile thou :D

I´m thinking to buy one also!

I have been wanting to own Surly Bugsley for a long time, but maybe it will be Mukluk.

Back