MOTOR CHAT

How about a downward move, this very day in preperation for winter I just bought a...................................Microcar Virgo :LOL:

WTF I hear you say, yes its a motorised tupperware box I can drive on my bike licence, yes its slow, yes it has no street cred but do I care ?
Not a jot, I'm a eccentric geeky bloke who does not like spending money, especially at the petrol pumps.

Least its not another Robin :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I had to look it up Velo, I didn't know a bike license could get you 4 wheels and a roof at the same time. Gets a decent right up for the niche that it serves and it looks a darn site better than a reliant.

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews/ca ... 03561.html

1934844856.jpg

Funny quotes:

If you can drive a dodgem, you can drive a Virgo. Except for that smashing into your closest neighbour bit.

The two-cylinder petrol engine is a 505cc four stroke, manufactured by Lombardini and utilises the same belt drive system that powerful snowmobiles use which results in a slightly elastic take up of power, exacerbated by the rubbery CVT gearbox.

Ever thought of taking a driving test Velo? It might widen your options somewhat.
If it's odd plastic cars with small engines you like, I know of a lovely Rochdale Olympic that's for sale. A very cool and quirky car which was the worlds first fibreglass monocoque.

Oooh, which one did you get Velo? Premier, Odyssey or Prestige? Petrol or Diesel? Got it yet?

ZZ, I have not decided if your taking the piss or not :?

All variants are basically the same but with a wee bit more spec at each level. Mines got plastic looky likey walnut trim and I dont get my paws on it for at least a week or more.

Cant be bothered taking the driving test, this microcar does all I want a vehicle to do. I dont like driving, cars dont excite me, I am not comfortable at speeds in excess of 50mph but I do want to get places public transport does not go.

In car obsessed Britain I'm a grade A weirdo but I'm also harmless :LOL:

velo i also have an interest in this
but i didn't post as i thought you'd think i was taking the piss

i too ,am not

at this moment

Sadly no response yet to my invitation to be a passenger.

Even though I secretly hoped it was a Lola T70.

Back