Fisher owners?

Nope is isn't. Original bars were Fisher 'bulge bars' - mine were replaced BITD when I had cut them down to fit in some early Onza bar ends with the wedge (like a quill stem) to fit.

I have the original spec list and will post it in a minute, just need to dig it out first.

I will also type the ad that made me buy the bike up too.

From your picture, the bars are new. It has obviously had new gear outers as the original ones were yellow like the brake version. They tyres are not Fattrax either by the look of it. Saddle is different (I have my original saddle but use a Flite - pics on p.2 of this thread) Looks like black q/r skewers on the wheels so they are different. Also what markings do you have on the brakes as I am pretty sure they were solid to no gaps on the original fitted ones. Again I upgraded mine so can't compare.

Great thanks - really interested in getting some more info on this bike, really enjoying it. I've just seen you singlespeed conversion - nice.

I check the details you've mentioned tonight.

Two frames in my build cue....

mttam1tt.jpg

cr7seattube.jpg

Steve

Right here we go:

Advert taken from Top 10 list of bikes on sale in 1990 by one of the big chains whose name escapes me:
Number 4) Fisher Celerity
An absolutely outstanding cycle at the price. The frame is as good as other manufacturer's £600-£700 models whilst the Shimano 400LX grouppo is top flight. Handling is only matched by other Fishers. Beyond serious criticism.
Sizes: 13.5, 16, 17, 18, 19 & 20
£439.

Old Fisher":jz04dkc5 said:
Right here we go:

Advert taken from Top 10 list of bikes on sale in 1990 by one of the big chains whose name escapes me:
Number 4) Fisher Celerity
An absolutely outstanding cycle at the price. The frame is as good as other manufacturer's £600-£700 models whilst the Shimano 400LX grouppo is top flight. Handling is only matched by other Fishers. Beyond serious criticism.
Sizes: 13.5, 16, 17, 18, 19 & 20
£439.
:cool:

The spec:

Frame: TruTemper oversize cro-mo
Forks: Fisher cr-mo with forged ends
h/set: Fisher Evolution steel
Brakes: Exage 400LX w/ 400LX SLR levers
Shifters: 400LX rapid fire
Front mech: 400LX
Rear mech: 400LX
Crank: 400LX