Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Think it's canti at both ends mate, at least my Tufftrax was :?

Really glad to get it and it didn't really cost anything 'cos I used the cash I made from selling other bits at BDW'er. ;)

brocklanders023":1a5x5r5i said:
Think it's canti at both ends mate, at least my Tufftrax was :?

Really glad to get it and it didn't really cost anything 'cos I used the cash I made from selling other bits at BDW'er. ;)

Cool, was just wondering that's all. My first bike was a Trekker and it had rear u brake (seatstay) and canti front, so just curious.

:D :D :D Lovin the old saras still out there. mine spent a good few years in my garage/loft/shed while we got a family started. Now I've dug the old girl out and changed a few bits, she runs like new....nothing pricy as I got a family! Just got the chainset and v brakes to go...just don't like the sight of rust everywhere :cry: !!

Budget new bits are: Charge saddle and bar, BBB bar ends, MKS pedals, Shimano (with honour :LOL: ) M505 road wheels, Specialized rubber. The rest is pretty much as it was when I bought this low spec beauty back in 1996. Still a 7-speed fanatic. Will be going for Shimano replacements where possible from now on.

BTW, its one of those 5098 Tange jobs in purple...and now white red and black.

Attachments

• saratop.jpg
    saratop.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 2,890
  • Sara side 11.jpg
    Sara side 11.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 2,890
Can anyone tell me anything about this bike found it at the local tip its a Saracen tranverse elite, and isnt in too bad condition.

Thanks

Attachments

• jpeg158.JPG
    jpeg158.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 2,861
1992 Saracen Traverse ~ Completed for the OWMTBC

Here is the latest addition to my growing collection of Saracens.

1992 Saracen Traverse:

92Traverse10.jpg

More photos and information here:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113457

Quote " found it at the local tip its a Saracen traverse elite, and isnt in too bad condition"

How come nothing like that happens to me :LOL:

Sad to think how many nice bikes have gone to the crusher :cry:

Here's mine!

Hi there everyone. Quite new to the forum but have been reading for a while. Thought it was about time i posted some pics of my '89 Tuff Trax. Cant believe what i did to her, must have been a moment of insanity, but I'm going to retsore her back to her original former glory. Anyway, she's currently stripped down and at some point in the near future the frame and forks will be sent for powdercoating to as near to the original colour (powder blue) as possible (any suggestions for good powdercoater in suffolk or eastern region?). I have all the original parts of the bike and plan to use as many of them in the restoration as possible (even have some original '90 Farmer Johns Nephews which i fitted for the photo's). Cant wait to get started, but may be a slow process due to a seven month old son :D. Anyway, here are the pics before i stripped her down, and I'll keep you all posted with the (slow) progress ;)

Attachments

• Saracen Tufftrax 1.JPG
    Saracen Tufftrax 1.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 3,124
  • Saracen Tufftrax 2.JPG
    Saracen Tufftrax 2.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 3,124
  • Saracen Tufftrax 3.JPG
    Saracen Tufftrax 3.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 3,124
Do you have decals/stickers sorted out? I'm in the market for some, and I think Brocklanders is too, so maybe we should club together to get a professional Gil_m set of artworks.

Back