Xizang arrived today!!

DMW

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys

Well all my prayers were answered today as I received my Xizang.... Shes beautiful!.... although i was soon brought back down to earth as the missus commented "bloody expensive toy which you'll never use" But hey what does she know!

Although being an import from the USA I am still smarting from the import duty I had to pay!... so many thanks to all you hard working people at the inland revenue for that!!

Anyway as soon as get some more suitable bits and pieces on her i post up a pic!

Just thought i needed to share my excitement with someone who would give a slightly more encouraging response than my wife did!!

You will surely enjoy riding that bad boy!
I owned a '96 GT Lightning which if i'm not mistaken was the same frame, just not polished. (I'm a sucker for satin finish Ti)

Lovely soft, buzzy ride. ;)

:cool: Wives, what do they know? many a time I've had to sneek a stealth purchase to avoid a frosty response like you had.
Xizang! nice frame didn't Julie Furtardo & David Baker ride those many moons ago?

sunchaser":16gllmpn said:
:cool: Wives, what do they know? many a time I've had to sneek a stealth purchase to avoid a frosty response like you had.
Xizang! nice frame didn't Julie Furtardo & David Baker ride those many moons ago?

wasnt THAT long ago! :D

...heres an easy tip. get new bike parts sent to work :D :LOL:

Yup, long long time ago, about '95 if my memory of MTB Pro is anything to go by. (I'm alot older than my child like responses would have you believe) :oops:

Are you sure the Gt lightning was made in taiwan and not Usa. The reasonI ask is because I may be purchasing one to replace my manitou hardtail which was stolen.The owner says it was made in the usa.From what years did they produce the lighning and is the geometry exactly the same as the xizang.
regards Colin

p.s I got those carbon brake levers which you advertised on singletrack Scant. thanks

cool on the levers :)

pretty certain on the frame... tho I wouldnt say its necessarily a bad thing. a lot of the early Xizanges had a bad habit of cracking.

Is it true they only made the lightning for 1year ,"98 I think" and the xizang for 5 or 6 years. does anyone know any sites where I can find any more info on the lightning before I pay top dollar for one. i cant find much info anywhere.

Back