Coast 2 Coast hArdGay Off Road - Sat 25th/Sun26th September

kaiser":3w16t8j2 said:
ZZ if you want to try it out firsy I have 2 panniers a rack top bag and a bar bag. For one night in a bunkhouse we shouldnae need too much stuff.
Cheers K, could borrow the top bag if you don't mind. I'm thinking that plus my rucksack (if required) would do the trick. I still need to get that rack off you as well :)

....remember sleeping bags & mats are NOT needed here - that cuts down the required volume quite considerably. :p

(so I can take more unecssary paraphenalia - like the eight section fly fishing rod and some tackle :p )

We'll be needing some space for more food though as there ain't any pubs halfway along for us to refuel, sorry did I say food I meant beer. :)

kaiser":3thzvi94 said:
It is only 37odd miles remember :LOL:

......so was this :LOL:

DSCF2195-1.jpg

Mr Panda":8irk7fek said:
kaiser":8irk7fek said:
It is only 37odd miles remember :LOL:

......so was this :LOL:

DSCF2195-1.jpg
And if I remember from the aftermath thread, that was all 'road of niceness', 'peat bog of grippy boardwalkiness', 'exposed moor land of no headwindyness', 'steep hill of comfy chairliftuppyness', 'river of stout bridge crossingyness', 'loch of luxuryyachtness', etc.

I have large and small roll top panniers (100% waterproof)and a spare rack if anyone wants to borrow as well as a medium carradice saddlebag. I can stick them in the post if thats easiest to get them to someone ;)

For what your proposing I'd personally go for either 1 x large pannier or two small panniers. However a large waterproof stuff bag bungeed to the rack would probably be enough.

Be minimalist, think twice about every item, you'd be surprised how little you really need.

When I toured it was a case of if it couldnt go in 2 large panniers then it was too much, though that was cycle camping for at least a week.

What you wear to ride, rinsed out and dried at youth hostel for return leg and a set of civvies for Ullapool would be clothes contents. Only tools you need and essential spares. Why bring beer/food, surely that exists in Ullapool, trail rations only.

Ultimately everything you carry is weight to drag you down so dont bring it unless its essential ;)

velomaniac":2zd1q8kh said:
For what your proposing I'd personally go for either 1 x large pannier or two small panniers. However a large waterproof stuff bag bungeed to the rack would probably be enough.

Be minimalist, think twice about every item, you'd be surprised how little you really need.

When I toured it was a case of if it couldnt go in 2 large panniers then it was too much, though that was cycle camping for at least a week.

What you wear to ride, rinsed out and dried at youth hostel for return leg and a set of civvies for Ullapool would be clothes contents. Only tools you need and essential spares. Why bring beer/food, surely that exists in Ullapool, trail rations only.

Ultimately everything you carry is weight to drag you down so dont bring it unless its essential ;)

I agree, feck knows what rado has in there :eek: and gash isnae much better.

Back