Retrobike Peaks Dad’s Army Rideout October 13th and 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, i thought i had troubles till i read some of those posts :shock: Funny how the off topic thread below doesn't mention the custody battles etc, etc....

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7875

If any one watched 'Tribe' last night the tibetan monks say that we pay for 'desire' by suffering - desire is a bad thing (i think they mean women) :LOL: Desire for retro bikes and components is not included..! ;)

longendale":pfx35bsg said:
If any one watched 'Tribe' last night the tibetan monks say that we pay for 'desire' by suffering - desire is a bad thing (i think they mean women) :LOL: Desire for retro bikes and components is not included..! ;)

LOL.

:LOL:

Can i come too????

Please can i come on this jolly romp over Derbyshires finest??? :D
Are there any laws to say what to ride(age i mean!) I have a couple of mates really interested but 1 of em only as modern hardtail..Can he still come along..Ill try and retro his ride a bit with a flash of anodising :LOL:
This all sounds really great though folk.....I met Russel couple of weeks back and he recomended coming along... :D Who will be bringing a long a spares bucket of cnc parts :LOL: JOE H.

Re: Can i come too????

slimjoe":p9flbp57 said:
Please can i come on this jolly romp over Derbyshires finest??? :D
Are there any laws to say what to ride(age i mean!) I have a couple of mates really interested but 1 of em only as modern hardtail..Can he still come along..Ill try and retro his ride a bit with a flash of anodising :LOL:
This all sounds really great though folk.....I met Russel couple of weeks back and he recomended coming along... :D Who will be bringing a long a spares bucket of cnc parts :LOL: JOE H.

Joe,

of course you can come. All welcome :D

No laws about what you ride, although if you do turn up on something new you should expect some stick ;)

See you there.

JV

im gonna try make the saturday for a ride out with a mate of mine - will be a last minute confirmation though!! :)

I'm figuring it's going to be a rough ride so shall I bring my Proflex 855 or 857?

855: v-brakes, vectors and Noleen shock.

857: disc brakes, Marzocchis and Risse shock.

855 more true to retro theme, 857 only 2 years younger, but much more 'modern'. Thoughts?

Notes

The route can be done rigid, most folks should settle on front suspension and the unfit/cautious types would do well to go for full suspension and decent brakes... It's not a downhillers course - so go for lighter weight if you can - you'll thank me on the hikes!

I'll be issuing a check list of essentials early next week - but a decent day saddle and brake set-up is mandatory!

Neil
on the Big Sur :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back