GT LTS 2000 project

GT

BobCatMax":1j69x870 said:
Thanks for the advice Anthony. A little hunting on here and thanks to ratbane i'm one crankset up.

Went for a spider that i can actually replace the big ring with,unlike the one pictured up there.

Chain is next, although i went out for a hack yesterday and everything seemed fine. I will try the ruler test this afternoon.

thanks for the bikepedia link. I've had a gander at the before. Interestingly though, retrokona and i have been discussing whether my front mech is top or bottom pull. We both think it's bottom, but bikepedia says top..

what do you think?

FrontMech-STX-RCMC38.jpg

Looking good. ;)

haha, cheers dude. runs great, no chain slips so far

took her out on the downs on sunday as a test run, nice and gentle like tho ;)

got some pics up here..

Got my first compliment at the start of the week

chap lost on his bike, looked like he had the entire world in his pannier and on his back. Didn't know where the station was, so i pointed him in the right direction.

as i rode off he shouted out "thats a really lovely old bike, really nice!"

:cool:

Hi there, hope you don't mind me jumping in but I've been looking around *a lot* and I think you may be in an excellent position to help me out!

03%20-%20Lts%20horst%20links%20(medium).jpg

Do, by any chance, those bolts on p1 go in here?

keakhd.jpg

I ask because...

9k6wex.jpg

I rode home with that pencil in place... slowly...

I've been trying to find out what the hell the original part is called. I found BETD many a moon ago and figured they didn't stock them. Today after reading a few threads I started to think this bolt arrangement *might* be an alternative replacement part. If so, do they send a pair for that "bargain" price? I might get some stick for this, but it seems fairly pricey for a couple of bolts (or moreso if it's for one...)

Thanks in advance of your reply!

oh God how rude, I forgot to compliment your bike and the marvellous job you have done! For £50 you got a fantastic bargain, I'm constantly on the look out for one of these 'new shape' LTSs I think they're stunning. A little of my LTS history:

I had an LTS-1 which was stolen (serves me right for using it in the city rather than for it's proper task, but I don't find any other bikes appealing really). So I replaced that with the first LTS I could find reasonably priced which was an £80 frame-only LTS XR-1000 off ebay. After seeing your thread I'm very tempted to get the frame sprayed white... but first it'd be nice to have the rear end of the bike connected on both sides rather than just one...

mrplow":39anl2li said:
Hi there, hope you don't mind me jumping in but I've been looking around *a lot* and I think you may be in an excellent position to help me out!

03%20-%20Lts%20horst%20links%20(medium).jpg

Do, by any chance, those bolts on p1 go in here?

keakhd.jpg

I ask because...

9k6wex.jpg

I rode home with that pencil in place... slowly...

I've been trying to find out what the hell the original part is called. I found BETD many a moon ago and figured they didn't stock them. Today after reading a few threads I started to think this bolt arrangement *might* be an alternative replacement part. If so, do they send a pair for that "bargain" price? I might get some stick for this, but it seems fairly pricey for a couple of bolts (or moreso if it's for one...)

Thanks in advance of your reply!

they do look like the right part. im farily sure there the same as the Lobo link bolts/bushes/bearings..i could be wrong... ;)

Pist0la":o1vqf6zc said:
they do look like the right part. im farily sure there the same as the Lobo link bolts/bushes/bearings..i could be wrong... ;)

Thanks for your help. The original ones look more like chainring bolts which is why I'm so unsure if these are right...

Heh, that's exactly what i thought they were at first too! and yup, that's the bit that goes where your pencil is.

I can't remember if you get a pair or just one, i know it wasn't that long ago, but my memory is getting worse.

They're expensive as it's individually milled (if remember right, which isn't likely!)

Give BETD a call, they're friendly chaps.

Thanks for the compliments, it's been the start of a slippery slope. My only peice of advice is try to stay away from the for sale forum ;)

Haha the tiny bit of reading I've done so far on here has already convinced me I need a new 'proper' road faring bike, so I'm back to my eBay trawling ways. I hate myself for knowing that I could just pick up something new, pretty, reliable and easy from evans for about 300 quid, and yet I'd rather spend weeks trying to get a nice frame then months trying to turn it into a bike that will inevitably fall apart (see LTS...)

But the former option just isn't any fun is it?

Back