Radoslaw":8q7en2al said:
kaiser":8q7en2al said:
follows mainly fireroads and farm tracks
Good to hear, as you may know I don't like bogs too much :D

:D
DSCF2208.jpg

DSCF2175.jpg

:D

I've got my big orange bag too, you and panda are welcome to sqeeze in together if you want Gaz, just remember to hose it out afterwards - garden hose that is.

Bought some cheapy army waterproof camo troosers of ebay, so when I have my inevitable tumble into the undergrowth, you can fail to find me with a clear conscience :)

I missed the edinburgh bike co-op sale for panniers, so I'm thinking about these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BIKE-CYCLE-FRONT- ... 255cb6034b

What does the massive reckon? £30 on the SJ cycles website.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
buy cheap buy twice. If you do foresee yourself doing this again quality panniers will last a lifetime. I have the ortleib ones and they handily convert to a (albeit basic) rucksack.

Zigzag, don't buy cheap panniers, it really isn't worth the hassle, and I know.

I wish you had said as I bought a pair but sold one on as I really didn't need the extra space (each bag is 28litres) - to a mate so I can borrow it back when I do :)

I could ask if he would lend it for this trip if you want but if you are thinking of doing this more often it is a worth while investment buying them.

Thats another tip, buy fronts as they are smaller and when using two will balance the bike easier. Unless your going away for an expedition( or are intending to bring everything on that list :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:) fronts will do.

Thanks gents, top tips and advice noted. Don't be surprised if I turn up with two binbags in a shopping basket nicked from Morrisons though.

ZZ if you want to try it out firsy I have 2 panniers a rack top bag and a bar bag. For one night in a bunkhouse we shouldnae need too much stuff.

Back