OWMTBC10 Aftermath

The south-western tip of your Penmachno loop almost (but not quite) reaches the north-eastern extremity of the singletrack loop ;-)

brocklanders023":1edhiewo said:
So, come on some one, spill the beans..... Was the Guv on the bombay mix? :roll:

I'm unclear what you mean by that. Literally we didn't find a curry house to partake in bombay mix although I did enjoy a apres race curry and beer in the hotel. If that's a eupehmism you've lost me.

BoyBurning":1klpkpix said:
Memorable Moment 01:

(a few riders stopped after one of down hill sections, with someone repairing a flat.)

Someone commenting on how knackered their wrists were.

All agreeing.

Jeroen: "It's ok for you lot you all have suspension at the front."

Me: "Not really, they're Manitous. They don't work - you probably have more give in your rigids.

JV: "Well, if it's any consolation, my air / oil forks are working beautifully."

Everyone: 'GIT!"

All about karma Tom. The forks may have worked well on Saturday afternoon but both rider and bike were duly punished for that comment on the sunday...

flyingwelshman":q3dmzy40 said:
Anyway the bike and kit are tucked away again,don’t think I will leave it another 18 years before getting it all out again cause if I do I will be 61 which is even older than Ed Edwards - I think ;)

It sounds like we were in the same school year but it's clear that I had a tougher paper round, the only explanation for my relatively modest palmares which for the sake of the completists I provide below

1994 - 15th out of 17 in the local 'Come and Try It' 10 in 48:54, just behind a tubby, balding chap with his son in a sidecar (I applied to have the cheats disqualified as a two up but failed. I know if I'd had overshoes on I could have gone sub 48 as well. Fail to prepare and prepare to fail).

God....you go to work for a day and miss pages and pages of profound discourse on the OWMTBC. Well bears and woods to be precise.

Do any of you lot actually work or are you all professional bloggers.. :D

Anyway the Diamond Back and me had a lovely time thanks. Its maybe not bling, but as those in earshot learned ad nauseaum, its been out on the trails with me since '91.

Oh and bye the way I was the poor sod mending a puncture when his Lordship pulled into view with his fully active suspension. Its been said already, but always worth repeating ...GIT :D :D

So thanks to everyone who made the weekend what it was. Not quite as flat as Holland, but fun all the way.
FOD retro ride before Xmas chaps ?

The Sunshine bus is back from taking various continental OW attendees around London... still have a wee Frenchman lurking due to the air traffic controller strike...

More memories when I've done my chores.

John":2fkk7u6o said:
brocklanders023":2fkk7u6o said:
So, come on some one, spill the beans..... Was the Guv on the bombay mix? :roll:

I'm unclear what you mean by that. Literally we didn't find a curry house to partake in bombay mix although I did enjoy a apres race curry and beer in the hotel. If that's a eupehmism you've lost me.

Picking up vibes that you had a few on one of the nights boss. It was the bombay mix I had at BDW that pushed me over the edge, nothing to do with the booze. ;)

owmtbc

great weekend thaks you lot for a top time :LOL:
got some video to put on ytube soon as my broadband starts going faster than a snail.

Back