OWMTBC10 Aftermath

jonnyboy666":2obocqor said:
hope it sorts itself quickly!! how did the first day at work go? did you say you were pissing about on old bikes with some daft people in wales? :LOL:

Funny thing is........ yeah :LOL: :LOL: that's exactly what I said... :LOL: :LOL:

I've virtually got full movement back in the shoulder, already ;) and can manage to hold......... something similar in size and weight to a pint of beer. ;) :LOL: :LOL:

sinnett177":3dx0zokx said:
GT-Steve":3dx0zokx said:
apparently referred to as a posterior dislocation
To those who don't know their arse from their elbow :D

Hope your feeling better Steve and your first day in your new job went ok. Thanks also for all your help with the alpinestars presentation.

No probs with the display, it was my pleasure :cool: :D

Yeah, I managed to graze my elbows to bu66ery as well............ or was that my ass?????? :LOL: :LOL:

WINNER!

Attachments

• _MG_1269_edit.jpg
    _MG_1269_edit.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 2,137
  • _MG_1264_edit.jpg
    _MG_1264_edit.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 2,137
What a bunch of characters you are !!!

I had a great time especially on Saturday afternoon, it did not take long to become familiar again with my old bike and I went through a range of emotions whilst riding it. What did I think of it after 18 years?? Well I am not over familiar with the latest generation of full sussers so riding the bike was not too much of a shock. Riding position despite the long stem was no problem as I do a lot of road riding, brakes were a lot better than I expected, the near perfect weather and riding conditions helped with that. Front mech rubbed on back tire in small ring, but it always did BITD. Bottom bracket creaked a bit, but it usually did BITD :LOL: The forks despite being good in their day are not a patch on modern forks so picking smooth lines was important.
Quote of the weekend for me was from one of the lads I passed on their modern Zebedee bikes saying “I feel really young seeing all this lycra about the place”, made me smile that one.
Anyway the bike and kit are tucked away again,don’t think I will leave it another 18 years before getting it all out again cause if I do I will be 61 which is even older than Ed Edwards - I think ;)

sorry about the qty and quality of my phone pics, but here they are all the same

my bunk mate Kean with our rides
DSC00937.jpg

The Lovely Scott Boulder, I really like the way the seat tube vanishes
DSC00936.jpg

The Welsh Flying Machine waiting for the fun to start once Tim unleashes on the trails
DSC00935.jpg

Well what is there to add? What a great event - I enjoyed the second even more than the first!

Highlights for me? The judging - why was it that Neil suggested that my Specialized was kids jumpbike? what cheek!

Ridingwise -getting up the hillclimb without putting my foot down ! And getting round the course- thanks to Sidewinder for being my partner in crime for this!

Great to see my friends from Europe again and to win a prize for my European liason activities - ( entirely my pleasure I should add!)

So here are a few less serious photos and BTW -there is no truth in the rumour that the shopper is my usual daily ride!

Looking forward to next year!

Attachments

• Carol shopper.jpg
    Carol shopper.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 2,072
  • OWjudging.jpg
    OWjudging.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 2,072
  • Ed OW10.jpg
    Ed OW10.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 2,072
As said before top weekend. Finally feeling himan today so a few thoughts on the weekend

*The concours event. would've been in with a shout if I'd remembered that certificate of authenticity.

*Good work to Mark on the alpinestars presentation. Interesting couple of hours.

*Credit to Tim Davies for getting into the spirit of things all weekend and digging out the old kit and bikes.

*Glad everyone seemed to sort of enjoy the pub quiz. Never knew Gary Coleman rode for raleigh, there you go.

*Good to see the lads from Orange getting involved and enjoying themselves. Who need eurobike when you can be riding a shopper round a park in north wales?

*Shopper trials. When will we see that pic of MikeD crashing it?

*The hill climb. Ouch.

*the race itself. Great stuff riding round with Jeroen, really enyoed the trails. Glad we made the wrong turn and got the extra miles in. The bear by the finish line was genius, although I'm sure there were plenty of bears in the woods at the last event I attended.

*Credit to everyone for getting round. Good work Steve being stoical followinbg what must've been a nasty crash.

*Saturday night's meal and prize giving. After that the less said the better. I'm sure more pictures of 'the bear' will be up soon, you can't edit them all out Edwards.

*Sunday's unsupported epic round the sweet sweet fireroads of Penmachno.

Bring on next year!

John":2s75vt10 said:
*Credit to everyone for getting round. Good work Steve being stoical followinbg what must've been a nasty crash.

t'was that sneaky lunchtime Stella talking.... :LOL: :LOL:

Here you go John, one of only a few pics I took ;) :D

Attachments

• owmtb2010 045 (Small).jpg
    owmtb2010 045 (Small).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 2,044
Back