Attachments

• _MG_1227_edit.jpg
    _MG_1227_edit.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 7,330
  • _MG_1254_edit.jpg
    _MG_1254_edit.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 7,330
Not sure there's anything to add...
Great weekend, great riding, great atmosphere. Good to see people again and to meet the people behind the posts!
Time to start figuring out how to get to Californ-i-a :D

Had a great time, shame the road works caused me to miss Fridays ride it sounded like fun.

Good to meet a few new people as well from other regions and see a lot of nice bikes :D

Great weekend, really enjoyed myself. The only thing I would have changed would have been to have stayed in Betws y Coed for the night.

High points.
- Crowned Champion, how did this happen? No really how?
- Having Tim fly past on an uphill section and giving me words of encouragement.
- Top company, great to meet everyone.
- Jeroen.
- Fabulous bikes.

Bizare moments
- Graham and the bear.
- Me being crowned Champion.

Thanks to all the OW crew for putting on such a great event, roll on California!

From my understanding of the scoring Gav, you finished high in all areas. Your bike was period correct, well presented and lightweight, you scored well on the shopping challenge, hill climb and XC and most importantly your a nice guy who gets into the spirit of things. As DSP says a worthy and humble champion. I expect to see you sporting the #1 plate at all RB meets in future :D

Great pictures from Jon and Mike, anybody got any more?

Explaining the scoring would be like a magician revealing his tricks and I ain't no Paul Daniels (good job as that would make Ruddock Debbie McGee).

Memorable Moment 01:

(a few riders stopped after one of down hill sections, with someone repairing a flat.)

Someone commenting on how knackered their wrists were.

All agreeing.

Jeroen: "It's ok for you lot you all have suspension at the front."

Me: "Not really, they're Manitous. They don't work - you probably have more give in your rigids.

JV: "Well, if it's any consolation, my air / oil forks are working beautifully."

Everyone: 'GIT!"

ededwards":17ix52yg said:
Explaining the scoring would be like a magician revealing his tricks and I ain't no Paul Daniels (good job as that would make Ruddock Debbie McGee).

I'd hate to see Ruddock McGee hiccupping his way through a routine after eight pints of Jagermeister and several swigs of Vanilla Vodka...

Sorry, did I say I'd hate to see that? Clearly I meant to say that I'd love to see that. The man wears sunglasses to breakfast ferchrissakes!

Would the bear be there too...?

drystonepaul":1p53l79x said:
ededwards":1p53l79x said:

I'd hate to see Ruddock McGee hiccupping his way through a routine after eight pints of Jagermeister and several swigs of Vanilla Vodka...

Sorry, did I say I'd hate to see that? Clearly I meant to say that I'd love to see that. The man wears sunglasses to breakfast ferchrissakes!

Would the bear be there too...?

you surely meant , see that AGAIN .

maybe not at 2 am though ....

Back