Status
Not open for further replies.

REKIBorter

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
We are going to have a little get-together at my local haunt (pun intended) of Chicksands - or Rowney Warren if you want to be picky about the place name.

Date: Sunday 31st October
Time: 10:00 for a 10:30 start
Here: http://www.multimap.com/s/OG2ZtcM6 this is the car park in Sandy Lane not the bike-park car park.
Afterwards: Tea & Cake at Rekis place (10 minute drive), apply for tickets for a guided tour of the man-cave in writing.

Chicksands has loads of fantastic fast sweepy singletrack, short steep hills, tight twisty bits, fast fire roady bits, and technical man-made bermed downhill bits. Then there is always the bike-park with it's 4X track, dual track, north shore, short course downhill tracks and the best bit which is the technical singletrack. For those of us who choose to ride with only one gear, Chicksands is very singlespeedable with some challenging climbs that require full-on power and commitment requiring plenty of use of body-english to search for grip.

Bike park website if you want to scare yourself: http://www.chicksandsbikepark.co.uk/ (we aim to do mostly the XC stuff)

There are normally no facilities at the site but a burger van sometimes shows up on weekends. Come prepared. We will aim to ride for a couple of hours but if it is anything like our ir-regular Thursday evening rides the total time will consist of 10mins riding and 1hr 50mins chatting.

Fancy dress optional but Cannondale King always does look a bit odd.

Any questions pm me (I am away from start October for a couple of weeks), cannondale king or average mark.

Screen caps below show one of our Thursday night rides. Not a good example as we spend more time chatting than riding but it will give you an idea of the area and terrain.

Attachments

• map Capture.JPG
    map Capture.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 739
  • time Capture.JPG
    time Capture.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 739
Last time I was here some old fart on a Generica Mustacostaload mocked my then mint Zaskar for being old and er, mint.

I'll come along to see if 17 years on, Mag 21 are as bad as I remember them.

Penciled in diary .......

Application in for a pass for the day ........

One advance ticket request for a tour of the man cave :D

legrandefromage":f3w2pja5 said:
anyone need a lift?

Danson67 said he was interested in coming. Have just emailed Neill to see if he is allowed out to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back