Ragley TI Build (caution some viewers may find offensive)

nice - you want a nice light chain to finish it off, like this one, KMC X9 SL.

!BgGq8pwBmk~$(KGrHqUH-EMEr8iPuELhBLD-oUsZ1w~~_35.JPG

gradually i plan to accent the grey and black of my bike with bits of gold
(ti nitride) so was thinking a KMC ti nitride chain. i'm 6' about 14st 7-10 and although my height dosn't vary much (!) i should be the other side of 14st, so i'm a bit rusty and unfit as i don't count commuting to work as exercise! but on the climbs the lucky strike smoothed things out just enough for me to carry more speed and stay in a bigger gear. i have a 90mm stem which is the shortest one i've ever had and with the long top tube i don't feel cramped like i did on my (beloved) pantera or my (pretty nice) karakoram. i have a 610-620mm wide ritchey carbon bar which is the widest i have used! i only have 100mm of travel (getting about 85-90mm of travel according to my ziptie marker) so it's a much more cross country than your ti ragley. i've only got my bike out about 12 times over the last three months due to work and moving but so far i love it and there is a lot of scope for lightening it a bit as parts wear out but first i have to lighten and upgrade myself!

02gf74":9vg1flaa said:

02gf74.....
Dont think I bottled it when it came to the chain...even my chain is pure bling.... Shimano XTR ! :cool: although I hear that the KMCs are as light and in some cases last longer than Shimano

Kev

02gf74 KMC X9 SL iv just shredded mine to bite today, it was 1 of them, how much do you want for it? is it new?

CalaisWoodBurner":1xzxk4ll said:
Hi Stephen,

There is a lad down my Avenue with a very nice retro Airborne TI, he flys past my house 2-3 times a week with 2 blokes, one on a nice Cotic Soul and one on a Soda TI !. All, very nice machines!...only now to be out-blinged by my Rag :LOL:

I think the surge and ease of climbing is partly due to the lighter weight of my bike, but also due to the change of geometry / ride position from my previous full susser. The shorter stem and HUGE bars have completely changed the ride feel to one of unbelievable control on rough ground, easier and more controlled cornering and a far more relaxed and comfortable ride position. I totaly get this bike now!, when I had the long stem and 680 Easton CNTs it felt too skwat and far too much XC.

Yes I think Shedfire have designed some TI handlebars, they look interesting ?, Lynskey also do a beautifull TI stem....if you can afford it !

If you are a tall lad, and like you say a "TAD" overweight ;) like me, consider longer and slightly higher riser bars ?.... check out my new cock pit on the pics below.

I think im going to change my bars to the VERY wide ones and shorten my stem to 50mm, at present i have a 75mm stem thats 5mm more than the max they reccomend, and get a little wider, i have the very wide bars on my full sus and i must say they take a little getting used to, they diont fit through any door ways in the house!!

I must say the Airebornwe does look a nice bike just googled it :LOL:

Yeah, great machine and even better emblem of the lucky strike cigarette woman on the bike as well. Named after an american air force or something with Lucky strike being the yanky air forces favourite choice of fags....cool as !

CalaisWoodBurner":2imnkdit said:
02gf74":2imnkdit said:

02gf74.....
Dont think I bottled it when it came to the chain...even my chain is pure bling.... Shimano XTR ! :cool: although I hear that the KMCs are as light and in some cases last longer than Shimano

Kev

Jensons have Yumeya stuff with big discounts at the moment, superbling :)

Back