5 september lincs wolds 10am rothwell

Thanks for turning up guys - was quite a route - especially with the last hill moving all the time like it did. :LOL: Was thinking it was too short when I planned it too :LOL:
Just eaten twice my weight in food and body has gone into shutdown. Roll on the next meet.
What was that place called to get my rear shock sorted again?
Look forward to the photos Ben.
Cheers
John

Home and happy :D

Really enjoyed that ride so thanks to all for a great day's retro-riding. Especially nice not to be leading and just tag along without a care in the world, all responsibility cast aside. You must venture down to my patch sometime and I'll return the favour.

See you again in the Peaks I hope.

Rob

Does anybody know if that ***ing speed camera on the Lincoln bye-pass half way down the escarpment is operative :evil:

That truly was an epic ride :D

Be nice to see it on map my ride and get a true distance/elevation etc.

Been out for some tea and now my body seems to be slowly shutting down :LOL:

Thanks very much John for organising and leading the ride and thanks to Rob for travelling a fair old way to join us ;)

Can't wait for the next one, see you all soon :)

Piccies

So after a good going for the bacon buttie bimble, then a sudden change of plans and people dropping out there where 5 who went for a ride aka 'The Vintage Crew'

Pictures are now all up here I also have the unmolested by picassa upload full res pics if anyone cares for one.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/bensimmo/ ... directlink

P1030283.JPG

and a pile of old bikes
P1030277.JPG

and with some young men
P1030281.JPG

P1030292.JPG

P1030295.JPG

Nice pics Ben :D

Don't know about everyone else but I am aching everywhere today, not such a good idea riding when I wasnt 100% I'm now realising :LOL:

i am pleased the day wasnt wasted. pictures arer great as usual ben. the hill in the last one looks bleedin steep. is that a trick of the camera? hills never seem to look as steep as they actually are.

rob, the cameras on the a15 are seldom in use. the one closest to lincoln near the showground in the 50 limit tends to be the most active.

i think they are the old style ones that still flash.

Great pics! :LOL:

Rob - think you mean the one down the hill on the dual carridgeway - which is a 70mph limit. That one is the old flashing type - cant say how often it's "live".

I think the camera angle may have flattened that hill a bit Dave :LOL:

Yes it was a great day, hope you can make the next one mate ;)

Rob - think you mean the one down the hill on the dual carridgeway - which is a 70mph limit.

That's the one. I was too intent on loosing speed before I hit the road markings to notice if the thing flashed or not. :evil:

Great pics Ben :D

Back