My Dynatech 2070

drifting james

Old School Hero
Been working on this bike (on & off) for about a year. Its still not how I want it :? but thought it was time to share some photos.

I've gone for suntour everything (well nearly) and tried to keep the bike period correct. including sourcing dyna max forks for the frame.

The forks needed a respray, so instead of getting them resprayed I decided to get them chromed at a local workshop.

Appreciate any comments and feedback. Have attached some piccies

Attachments

• dyna 1.JPG
    dyna 1.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 2,191
  • dyna 2.JPG
    dyna 2.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 2,191
  • brakes.JPG
    brakes.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 2,191
  • crank.JPG
    crank.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 2,191
more piccies

Attachments

• flexstem.JPG
    flexstem.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 2,189
  • forks.JPG
    forks.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 2,189
  • front brakes.JPG
    front brakes.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 2,189
  • front hub.JPG
    front hub.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 2,189
and more

Attachments

• front mech.JPG
    front mech.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 2,184
  • pedals.JPG
    pedals.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 2,184
  • rear brakes.JPG
    rear brakes.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 2,184
  • rear hub.JPG
    rear hub.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 2,184
Nice use of Suntour stuff there, and those chrome forks look sweet :cool: .

I would get a nice rigid stem if it was mine, maybe a ti dynatech one or something shiny to match the forks.

Think I will have to find room for a dyna-tech in my shed one day. :)

Love the Suntour. The bars are original Dyna-Tech too. We used reprotherm to put the pattern on. It comes on paper that you wrap arouns the tube and bake into the laquer, just like making a beer can.

Regards

Very nice indeed. What on Earth happened to Suntour? I picked up a NOS set of those lovely XC Pro hubs for £5 the pair at one of those "One Day Cycle Sales" a few years back.

Thanks for the comments. I never knew about this reprothem. The forks were also 'reprothermed', but sadly in too bad a nick, so they got stripped and chromed. I still have the frame, but it is missing a brake boss.

I think a shiny stem would be good, but funds are limited and I am considering a new steed at the mo.

I love the suntour stuff, but it has been hell trying to source all the components. I am still missing the bespoke crank caps - if anyone has any... :D

Back