got me another one...

macca85

Dirt Disciple
yet another peugeot, retro bike lark bug has bitten very hard. so after finishing rebuilding my perthus pro, i fancied something a little less high spec to use everyday, so today i picked this up, a late 80's Peugeot Premiere in almost absolutely perfect condition, underneath the dirt, is a completely rust free bike, frame forks the lot! as standard as it can be, as if it had just come out the shop, hasnt been used for nearly 10 years and all i needed to do was pump the tyres up :D

anyway, enough gassing heres a teaser, i'll put some more up when ive cleaned it properly

DSC07942.jpg

Stu

i love these old peugoets they are normally tough as old boots making them ideal for commuting in all weathers and they normally fetch good money on flea bay when you have finished with them

cheers, well hopefully this shouldnt loose me any money, spent the quite alot of time the last few days cleaning and servicing, did both the hubs, freewheel, headset and bb, all taken apart and regreased etc. the rims were in fairly poor condition but after some elbow grease and some autosol they came up much better, still a little pitted in places but that'll have to do now, new bar tape put on and cleaned the saddle up as that was pretty grubby too, so must of spent about 8-10 hours on it so far.

plans for the future, i might upgrade the groupset to full shimano 105 if i can find it all, and upgrade the wheels to something abit lighter. we'll see how funds allow etc. i put spd's on it just because i had them lying around and are better that the origional ones (i have kept the origionals though)

heres some pics all cleaned up

DSC07949.jpg

DSC07952.jpg

DSC07953.jpg

DSC07954.jpg

DSC07955.jpg

DSC07951.jpg

DSC07956.jpg

DSC07957.jpg

DSC07961.jpg

if anyone knows of some vinyl paint you can get so i can paint the hoods i'd appreciate any info, seems replacements are hard to get hold of

Stu

These are good looking bikes indeed!

Perhaps I need one to go with my 306! :LOL:

Its very shiny but you realize you are verging on the retro BSO with that?

Bung it on ebay quick and use the handsome profits to buy a PX10 or summink...

legrandefromage":37abo8o6 said:

Well I still have my perthus pro to use when I want something good to ride, this is just a daily hack that I don't mind using in the rain. I think if I sold it I'd put the funds to an old bianci though, that's what really gets my juices flowing! Lol

legrandefromage":3g24jle5 said:

Dunno the HLE tubed Pugs were ten times better than the 18-23 Raleighs.

It's a tidy bike for the age, I do have one question however: Are there a lot of short people on this forum? Really there do seen to be a lot of small frames cropping up on this forum.

GarethPJ":3kp527n2 said:
It's a tidy bike for the age, I do have one question however: Are there a lot of short people on this forum? Really there do seen to be a lot of small frames cropping up on this forum.

Thanks. Unfortunately it is a little on the small side, could do with a longer seat pin but there a stupid 23mm width, and can't find a longer alternative! So it might have to go up for sale sooner than I wanted

Latest posts

Back