Does anyone own a Kona Score?

I've also owned a Hei Hei (lovely frame BTW) but it was the distinctiveness of the KK that drew me to it, I know it's a little heavier but
as I'm 85 kg in my socks and will never be a racing whippet (not that I'm a slouch you understand! ;) ) it's not going to make too much difference.

Hell, I could lose that quarter of a pound difference (or whatever it is) in frame weight by visiting the loo! ;)

:D

He he...good one. Laughing my as off here. I'm kind of the opposite: I weigh 62 kilos soaked in mud, so I don't have to worry about frame weight. If I had a Hei Hei I might blow away in the wind. Or get bucked off with the slightest bump in the trail. I think maybe all the Hei Hei owners are just jealous of the KK owners :LOL: Just kidding, I still like them both.

Sure, I like them both too. We buy the frames that we like but can still appreciate others.

It was the oval top tube, bi-oval downtube and gussets that I liked about the KK as well as the other stuff that it has in common with the Hei Hei (bullet plugs etc) just trying to say that the extra weight never really bothered me. I know it looks as though I'm trying to make it as light as possible but that's just an aside from my infatuation with ti!

It weighs under 18 lbs in old money BTW.

Now, if only I could justify spending the money on some Morati cranks.... :LOL:

:D

I'm totally with you. Love it for the same reasons, and I seriously don't care about few grams here and there. I seem to have the same ti bug as you...and all the other KK/Hei Hei owners? It seems everyone makes them SS with ti everything. Somehow it just seems natural....

Plus it's good to make an off-road SS as light as possible. You're always thankful for it on the climbs.

Mr. Zero makes a good point...I want 'em all too!

Congrats Dookie, those are nice!!! What a price tag though. I love people who spend money like me. I feel like I've found a home here.

Kona Paul":2t0yd83j said:
Congrats Dookie, those are nice!!! What a price tag though. I love people who spend money like me. I feel like I've found a home here.

lord no...not my purchase!

'wtf' is to say, what the frick was that buyer thinking?! i probably didn't spend that much on my entire KK (which wears turbine LPs).

Ahh good to know. I was wondering if they were super rare or something. I was a little shocked by the price...OK a lot shocked. It is more than I spent on my KK frame and Score frame (not together). I've bought 3 frames in the last few months, so I love to spend, but I try to spread it out a little bit. I have to admit, I wouldn't spend that much on cranks, ti or not.

Back