5 september lincs wolds 10am rothwell

Andy - thanks, but map I have just in case :roll: - but know the route pretty well anyway. I have to recky a couple of sections tomorow and probably ask a landowner a favour. So dont worry, all in hand. It will be like old times when I ran the Caistor Mountain Bike Club. :LOL:

Antiquekona":1l6eub8f said:
Andy - thanks, but map I have just in case :roll: - but know the route pretty well anyway. I have to recky a couple of sections tomorow and probably ask a landowner a favour. So dont worry, all in hand. It will be like old times when I ran the Caistor Mountain Bike Club. :LOL:
:cool: I'd ordered the map ages ago as I needed it anyway

It'll be just like BITD, well apart from the fitness levels eh ;)

Ok guys - all set! Weather is going to be good :cool:
Walked part of the route today (the bit I hadnt ridden for 10yrs :oops: ) and is good.
Do bring a spare innertube as Lincolnshire has its fair share of hedges that one or two may have been trimmed.
Will be in the Blacksmiths, Rothwell car park for 10am in The Gleaming Car Co. van.

See you all Sunday!! :D

Morning all :D

Well my back tire is flat again. Had a 1" thorn in it, patched it and it's down again cannot be bothered to find another hole or repatch... so of to raid another wheel for an inner tube :S once I've had some food and a coffee..

AFTERMATH
-------------

Twas a good ride and there where plenty of 'last hills'.
Brain to tired to think at the moment and camera is still in the back... just over there.

epic ride, thanks John for leading the route.

Highlights were bumping into loads of fellow mountain bikers and chatting with them, hopefully they will find their way here to the forum.

The awesome northshore and DH at Willingham woods the local riders just float over huge road gaps there!

Flying down trails at 30mph with dust billowing off the riders wheels wondering if the front end will stick as you pin it round the next corner

Excellent beer at the Blacksmith's Arms in Rothwell & good coffee at the tea rooms in Walesby.

Quality day out on the bike, thanks to everyone :)

Just one more hill.....

Back