Merlin Titanium 1992

utahdog2003":2g9yp8g1 said:
RockiMtn":2g9yp8g1 said:
okay, i'm at a loss at how the larger Merlin didn't fit you better than the smaller one you have now. clearly looking at the Ritchey you have, the larger one SHOULD have fit you better. :?

The Ritchey has a dinky top tube.

Both them there bicycles is P-U-R-D-Y-! :cool:

regardless of the dinky top tube, i would definitely not be able to clear the Ritchey. The Merlin I could ride no problems.

strange. :?

RockiMtn":1whjxmf6 said:
okay, i'm at a loss at how the larger Merlin didn't fit you better than the smaller one you have now. clearly looking at the Ritchey you have, the larger one SHOULD have fit you better. :?

did you not read what I wrote, earlier? I tell you, sometimes I feel completely ignored around here :evil: ;) :LOL:

the standover height at the middle of the top tube is probably slightly taller on the Ritchey, but probably equal by the headtube, and definitely a lot shorter for the Merlin by the seat tube. But if top tube clearance is not an issue for the rider, then the rest of the fit should be comparable.

Would love to get detailed measurements of both bikes to compare, including effective top tube :D :D :D

GoldenEraMTB":3h27l9k8 said:
RockiMtn":3h27l9k8 said:

did you not read what I wrote, earlier? I tell you, sometimes I feel completely ignored around here :evil: ;) :LOL:

the standover height at the middle of the top tube is probably slightly taller on the Ritchey, but probably equal by the headtube, and definitely a lot shorter for the Merlin by the seat tube. But if top tube clearance is not an issue for the rider, then the rest of the fit should be comparable.

Would love to get detailed measurements of both bikes to compare, including effective top tube :D :D :D

yes, i read it, but didn't understand a word you said! :LOL:

still don't. but comparing the head angle, the Ritchey has a much more relaxed geometry so perhaps the reach from seat to handlebar on the Merlin is about the same.

Just stunning. I don't know if it makes me want to re-commit to finding that NOS stuff or give it up - how can you better that? Like it just rolled out of the bike shop...

RockiMtn":27ym8wk3 said:
GoldenEraMTB":27ym8wk3 said:
RockiMtn":27ym8wk3 said:

yes, i read it, but didn't understand a word you said! :LOL:

:eek: :p :LOL:

give this page a read, in your free time:
http://www.surlybikes.com/blog/spew/spew_17_bike_fit/

I like. Lots.
Just a small niggle- the seatpost or stem don't look quite right. I think it needs a silver post or a black stem.

I still think it's an A+ for you first build though Rocco.

No show us your uber mint Commando (or better still, sell it to me!!) :cool:

Back