Merlin Rock Lobster

Just back not too long ago from a long ride and now think the stem choice is wrong.

But not the colour issue as that's secondary to comfort. I'm pretty short and while the retro stretch look is great it gets a bit painful after a while up round the sides of my ribcage.

I think I'll whack on a shorter stem and risers I have knocking about and see how it feels tomorrow.

You'll be delighted to hear the other stem is black :LOL:

Tazio":1mfjb1jt said:
Just back not too long ago from a long ride and now think the stem choice is wrong.

But not the colour issue as that's secondary to comfort. I'm pretty short and while the retro stretch look is great it gets a bit painful after a while up round the sides of my ribcage.

I think I'll whack on a shorter stem and risers I have knocking about and see how it feels tomorrow.

Top job :cool:, it's not that the silver stem is wrong it's just that it does'nt tie in with the rest of the build being predominantly black ;)

Absolutely nothing wrong with risers on a rider, i'm using a set of old Azonics on my regular use Zaskar yet would be loathed to fit them to my not so regular 91 Clockwork.

Gave it a good run today with a shorter stem with less rise and a pair of risers. Also dropped the saddle by an inch.

Four hour constant riding (apart from a short smoke break :oops: ) and still comfy. Not as pretty but nicer to ride.

Job over.

NEXT!

Lovely machine, I have allways admired Rock Lobster bikes, and still do. I was over at Merlin Cycles a few weeks ago and you can have a beautifull new Team Tig 853 for just a grand with XT spec, easton finishing kit etc. I just love that deep red skinny 853 tubing.

They also look far nicer in the flesh and are really well built, as well as having the boutique bike brand status and being rare to spot out on the trails

Kev

Love it!
I currently ride a fairly recent Team Tig SL, which'll probably appear on here when Wiggle get my latest order to me (V12's mmm) really like that finish but how tough is it? Mine is covered is stone chips now :(

clockworkgazz":mp2gmg6v said:
looking good my man, make sure the carbon post is a good one, this happened to my cheap one

post3.jpg

got two red bottle holder bolts to swap for 2 blue ones if you want ;)

Is that red paint or blood?!?!?!

Tazio":1e57m043 said:

good call... wanna sell me the stem?

The stem now has a happy home in Finland.

Forks are great, been having a bit of fun in the super deep snow on some of the tracks near my house.

Latest posts

Back