Bargain Ebay bike lights

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
JamesM":362iucsu said:
Kev Duckworth":362iucsu said:
Also ordered, we got caught out last Thursday in the rain at Gisburn. Only just made it round the full lap the week before too as we dont start out till 7:30/7:45pm

that post was 24th, the pair of purple 7w ones arrived today, also ordered some of the others, still waiting for those but not worried.

Got the Pemesonic batties, and on/off/flash

Will try them out Thursday eve @ Gisburn

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I got mine today and it's pretty good. Very good for £4.50 and will be ideal for commuting. It's brighter than my 5 LED Smart front light (proper light, not a blinky) and has far more spill. Comparing with my 9 LED Electron Nano is more difficult as the Nano has a really clean output with no hotspot. The Saik does have a hot spot and so appears brighter but has less spill, overall I would say it outputs more light though. Next to my Eagletac with its Cree XRE-R2 emitter however, it pails in comparison. There is simply no contest when the Eagletac is in its 230 lumen high setting and even in the 60 lumen low setting the Eagltac is still visibly brigther. So, as for the claims of 5 watts, Cree and 270 lm (lumens?), well???

...............it was a tenth of the price of the Eagletac though and it came with a bike mount!!!

...........and it's purple :D ;)

CR2 batteries are 27.1mm long and 15.6mm in diameter.. possibly get a couple of those in?
Means running the LED a little hot at 6V..

And 'AF' batteries are 50.2mm long and 17mm diameter.
My catalogue didn't list the voltage and I've not looked online yet..

Just got 2 red ones this morning, 4 days after ordering! - absolutely amazing.
Thanks for the tip LGF :cool:

IDB1":3exife36 said:
WD Pro":3exife36 said:
Could someone please post a pic with two of these mounted on the bars so I can get an idea on size ? :D

Cheers :cool:

WD :D
Only got a head-on shot. . .

DSC_0012a.jpg

On batteries.. been searching and haven't found what I'm looking for.. which is irritating..

That makes your lovely GT ride look like the ugly older brother of WALL-E who had a problem with the calorific cost of machine oil. :LOL:

BTW - this is a pun to try and get some short lived group adoration. Not an invitation to a word scrap IDB1. ;)

:LOL: :LOL:

My lovely GT ride no longer wears lights... ;)

And, yes, it is a lovely GT ride.. thanks for noticing :cool:

Excellent bit of kit, arrived after 3 days, well impressed. And now I've ordered some 18650 batteries to see if they'll fit, will let you know how I get on...

Latest posts

Back