Saracen Kili Comp 96

dendy

98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Over the last couple of days I have been having much fun obtaining bits and planning my present build.

I got the frame a few months back and also a set of 97 pace rc36 forks. Was told the frame was originally a kili flyer, however, I still await confirmation on this. Unfortunately in need of a powder coat and the forks also need a full service along with a longer steerer.

I am getting the frame coated very soon and will be staying with something like the original colour with a bit of a twist. The forks will have to wait a little while it seems so I managed to get hold of a set of original Saracen forks (thanks Ben!) from 94/95 so will probably be running it rigid until I get the pace sorted..

I am basing the build on bits from the 90's but are not being too strict :LOL:

m737 cranks - managed to slighlty polish the drive side today..
nos m737 cassette
nos un72 bb
st-m008 shifters
m739 v's and levers
m737/8 hubs

Today I started to hang a few parts on the frame just to get a better idea. I will be getting some green decals made up asap and will be gradually fettling all the bits until they shine once again :roll:

oh - the cheap seat post is temporary until I decide what way to go :D

P1120551.jpg

mechs.png

P1120520.jpg

controls.png

P1120563.jpg

P1120566.jpg

headforks.png

I think it may be a '96 as it does not have rear brake noodle.
First Kili's ready for V brakes :cool:
love these Kili's, looking out for a frame myself!

Just what i thought until i inspected the frame.. Then the seller confirmed canti brake noodle was removed. I reckon it's a 95 - not sure tho.

Hope you find yourself a frame soon :cool:

He did a very neat job removing the noodle!
I think that Kili's had ritchey dropouts from '95, so must be a' 95

Looking forward to the build.

Yes the romoval of it went well. However, he sprayed it with grey out of a can :LOL:

I always thought that saracen started using the ritchey cupped dropout in 95 too but wasn't sure. :?

Edit: XTSTIMAN was right and infact the frame is a 96 that had been resprayed around the canti noodle area giving the impression it had been removed. See brochure scan on next page.

Excellent work so far. Love those segmented Saracen forks.
Are you getting some new decals made up for it?

Cheers guys :D

Coomber - the frame and forks are hopefully going for powder coating on friday so should be completed by early next week..

Cheers dsp.. yep decals will be ordered when i know if it is a kili flyer or not. Neill is researching it for me and when i hear the decals will be made green like the originals.. The forks are very cool, so much so I am undecided if i should go fully rigid or not.

orange 71 - imo it's a decent frame set. Not too heavy for a saracen.. What you see in the pics is weighing in at 22lb 8 oz. I was pleasantly surprised to be honest :oops:

Finally got round to getting the frame powder coated..

Heres some pics of the frames and the goodies for it.

I am applying decals at present so will be back with some better pics of the frame.. :D

close.jpg

closeup.jpg

goodies.jpg

Back