Saeco Cannondale CAD3 (Now CAAD4) {UPDATED Pg2}

Many team riders had bikes built by small custom builders and then painted up in team colours...

Any frame number on it? What about some more pictures. Looks decent to me. :D

CTK":1d4n3grh said:
Many team riders had bikes built by small custom builders and then painted up in team colours...
Cannondale were dead against this unlike a lot of other teams. I reckon you should send some photos to Cannondale, the work you've done by getting the components etc is admirable. I have a feelin' Cannondale would feel the same way and maybe even be able to help you out with getting the frame you really want cheaply. Its worth a try and they are really helpful.

Hi Nathan,

Try vintagecannondale.com ..... checking your frame number there will put it beyond doubt either way.

I have the "same" bike and love how it climbs and tracks on descents, in fact I've converted from Bianchis to 'dales now and am upgrading it to D.A. 7700 throughout.

I have the Coda front loading quill stem you're after in 120mm X 1" in black at the moment. Say £5 plus postage.

Chipolini was selling the saddle that you are after recently, give him a try.

If you ever track down the yellow and red bar tape please let me know.

' hope this is of help.

Thanks for the offer on the stem. I got a NOS silver 100mm x 17deg from the US for $20 shipped though. So that will do for the time being until I find a black one in the same size.

I'm only missing the bars (they come up NOS on eBay fairly often) the post (Thomson still make them) and the Saddle (Cipo sold his a while back) and it'll be completely original... Well... except for the frame! ha ha!

I bought another set of the Time Eq Pro forks from the bay this week too which are in much better knick than my current ones.

I also won some NOS Time EQ pedals in red and yellow, and a mate gave me a set of Time Profit EQ road shoes in red and yellow for free. They're one size too small in the length, but width is spot on, so I'm going to try to stretch them a bit.

The proper bar tape is Cinelli Cork. There's heaps on ebay here: http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid ... Categories

I have the N+1 syndrome again, and am now in the market for a 93-95 Cannondale Track. I have got into riding track lately and have been helped out by a couple of current and former world champs. I'm riding a modern C'dale track bike atm, but a retro one would be ace!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Just picked this up. They're sending it to a mate in the US who's going to forward it on to me in Aus with another frame for a mate. Will probably be shipped by sea as i'm not in an epic rush, so I should have it in the next 6-8 weeks I guess.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 7384wt_911

Then I'll switch out everything from the other frame. All I'll need is the correct Cinelli bars, and Thomson post and it's finished!

404557534_o.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nice

I agree with Jim above, thats better.
It looks good this time, which is good news as this thread was getting a bit sad there for a while. I think everyone was a disappointed for you as it was unfolding.
While its a later caad, this will look great with the kit from the other one.
Keep us posted
Jamie

Good news! Looks great.

I found out recently that the Mavic spare bikes at the TdF are Cannondales. They look bloody lovely too!

99% finished!

Still need to get the propper skewers and some decals for the wheels, but otherwise its done.

Tracked down the saddle, post, stem, bars, tape and pedals all NOS and catalog spec.

Will get some nice photo's done of it before I start riding, but this will do for the minute.

5147440414_448af0b251_b.jpg

Back