Newbies certainly not welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
You shot yourself in the foot with admitting to being in it for the money.

You cant go back on yourself now.

Get your coat on the way out.

(loving the freedom to vent on this one guys)

dajwid":3ex1e9eu said:
I am pleased to to be away from retro bikes as a hobby. certainly a unfriendly lot.

Uneducated in retro cars too, sadly. Look up Fiat 127, great cars :)

If its Old school its in

:roll:

Sorry, but Fiat 127 great? Excuse me while I pop to casualty to get my sides sown up. My sister had a couple back when they were current and they were dire cars. Not only were they badly made, rust prone and unreliable but they had many specific faults. The brakes were appalling, the electrics were laughable the gearbox was atrocious with the third-second change quickly becoming a hit or miss affair. On the plus side they handled quite well, but not exceptionally. Their biggest plus point was that all the models had a revvy willing engine that was fun to use, but only for as long as it lasted.

No, but really I'm having you on. They are actually sought after classics, that's why you don't see any on the road any more. They are all in private collections. Or perhaps not.

Haven't seen one for years thank god.

Oh and before you ask why she had two, the first one was to replace the other when it broke terminally by blowing it's innards out through the sump.

Retro cars are cool no matter how bad, youve just got to be nuts enough to keep certain ones on the road.

German is the way forward.

If it's so unfriendly then why are nearly all of the people on this thread in total agreement and harmony? :roll:

I'm rather apathetic after I sold my Zaskar frame for £90 and it was put up for sale by the buyer for £250. Couldn't care less about profiteering on this site anymore, I just feel bad for his buyer who could have saved himself over £150 if he'd seen my ad.

Shit happens, deal with it. Don't want to pay his prices, don't buy his stuff.

Aaaaaaand...

Fiat 127:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C147657/

£7.5k

:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back