Newbies certainly not welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
dajwid":24e44b9x said:
As he said, what an overreaction

Only last week a newbie was given a classic Fiat 'only paid £150. Another member bought the car off him, was very happy with the purchase, another car was saved. How much did he pay? £1250.

We didn't attack the guy. Maybe we are just a different type of forum though.

Agreed, your initial attack on the forum certainly was an overeaction.

The fella that paid £1250 for the Fiat was a mug (unless he was denied the original purchase price information, which wouldnt surprise me either), and the fella that sold it obviously has sketchy morals.

We most certainly are a different forum. Thank you.

You know what, at first I felt like sticking up for you. But you really are a cyncial whingy so and so. Enjoy your future profits Shilock.
I refer to previous statement. Do one.

But before you do go for ever, please say "normal and glue on tyres" again, pretty please, just one more time, please? :D

I am pleased to to be away from retro bikes as a hobby. certainly a unfriendly lot.

Uneducated in retro cars too, sadly. Look up Fiat 127, great cars :)

If its Old school its in

:roll:

dajwid":wwoz65us said:
Don't panic everyone, Problem in over.

Many thanks to the 'Sensible' member for his Email, offer for the bike, I'm pleased its all going to a good home, I hope he pleased with it.
Picking it up tomorrow.

Why do I get the impression this is a lie?

To reply to the other question, I planned on staying as a member as also have my late fathers Humber, which I would never sell, love riding whenever I have time.

As for the Fiat the newbie was open about the price. He got a bargain, so did the buyer.

As I see it, my bike frame would sell for £50 on Ebay, the bars and stem £40, gears about £40, Wheels £80, other set of wheels £50, Saddle and stem, £15.

Whoever bought it and broke the bike would have made a profit and had parts. I paid £80. So what. I could have just not mentioned the price, as I now see most of you would have done.

Honesty is normally the best policy, but not here i see.

dajwid":2ac6ovi7 said:
I am pleased to to be away from retro bikes as a hobby. certainly a unfriendly lot.
If you had taken the time to get to know users of this forum you would find quite the opposite, some of the friendliest folks I've ever met

However you did not take a little time to get to know the users, and started off by trying to make a massive profit, which is not what this forum is about if you want large profit use eBay.

Then once you were alerted to the fact that most folks on here do not do it for financial gain you decide to rip into the ethics of the forum, what sort of response did you expect?

Honesty is always the best policy, you will get found out if you are being dishonest or trying to make a fast buck

Anyway I feel that I have used up enough of my time on this 'debate' or trolling session, whichever it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back