Can anybody help to identify this frame?

drawis

Dirt Disciple
As you can see from the photos this frame has Merlin branding (Merlin Racing Cycles, Leeds on the logo) but having been in touch with Bob Jackson cycles they think they may be responsible for the paint job/ respray but they do not think it is one of their frames.

The 2 numbers- 281 and 36- they think may relate to the colours used.

So does anybody have any idea what it might be? The frame number appears to be 2106193- stamped on the bottom bracket.

I'm new to this road biking lark but it would be nice to know something about it?

Over to you...

(I have bigger higher-res photos on flickr but as a newbie cannot post the link- I will happily send it out if anyone wants it)

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,911
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,911
  • image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,911
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,911
Can't help with id, but it certainly looks a nice quality frame.
Did you purchase the bike in yorkshire, if so maybe look at other yorkshire builders, Ellis Briggs, Woodrup, etc....

Thanks for the tip.
As soon as I started looking at Ellis Briggs' website some very similar looking frames popped up- in particular the triangular cutouts on the front forks. I will perhaps give them a call.

(Again, I can't post a link but check out the
customframebuilding.ellisbriggscycles link on a google search and look at the gallery there)

With the lug detail and fork crown the '93' in the number could be the year of build? The fork crown is a relatively common 'late steel era' design (Prugnat?) and it is a nice looking frame. Ellis Briggs have all their frame build records to hand but the number doesn't sound like one of theirs.

Why do Jacksons say it isn't one of theirs? Their frame build records are a total mess so I've been told.

That triangle in the fork reminds me of a guerchiotti (spelling)........but not much else LOL

Looks english though.

Shaun

Latest posts

Back