Ragley TI Build (caution some viewers may find offensive)

like the Ti pig, thats my kind of machine and looks as if its built for a similar style of riding as my Eriksen. Top marks that man but the Blue Pig? i have to say white wheels are not my thing....gopping i believe is the term but naturally each to their own ;)

by the way i think you'll find the best natural trails are in Gods' country and just to immediately dismiss any confusion thats up here north of the border :D MacRetro Forever!

Sorry, I don't get it. If you want to plough through something , why not get 6" either end, which will do it a helluva lot better? :?

because with 5.5" up front and a rigid rear end you can still barrel through stuff at an insane speed and yet climb better than a heavy full sus bike with a floppy rear end will. Remember a Ti rear end is quite compliant

suburbanreuben":1kpds6d8 said:
Sorry, I don't get it. If you want to plough through something , why not get 6" either end, which will do it a helluva lot better? :?

??...but that is the beauty of an aggresive hardtail. It makes boring rides more fun and ploughing through rough terrain "interesting". I got rid of my Orange 5 SE for the TI as I was bored of it constantly helping me out. I have had my fun (?) on full suzzers

6" front and back, pointless for riding in this country ..........ZZZZzzzzz, ive been there !

haggis":3eeisn07 said:
like the Ti pig, thats my kind of machine and looks as if its built for a similar style of riding as my Eriksen. Top marks that man but the Blue Pig? i have to say white wheels are not my thing....gopping i believe is the term but naturally each to their own ;)

by the way i think you'll find the best natural trails are in Gods' country and just to immediately dismiss any confusion thats up here north of the border :D MacRetro Forever!

I CONCUR....... "Kirroughtree Black / Red forever"! Ahmen

suburbanreuben":1b1pawr2 said:

Don't 100% agree but after my first full sus experience at the weekend at Cwmcarn I'd be thinking the same thing albeit maybe 4/5 inches of travel at both ends!

Lovely Ti Ragely that, haven't seen a great deal around. New one looks a little fugly with the rear triangle!

ploughing

i would say ploughing through 'anything' is less rewarding than picking the best line and using finesse to get you through! bikes can be so capable these days that they sort of nullify the terrain! but each to their own...the sort of riding i do is firmly in the cross country bracket...(i'm too old to break my collar bone or worse again!!)

Re: ploughing

Stephen of Cardiff":yydlgax1 said:
i would say ploughing through 'anything' is less rewarding than picking the best line and using finesse to get you through! bikes can be so capable these days that they sort of nullify the terrain! but each to their own...the sort of riding i do is firmly in the cross country bracket...(i'm too old to break my collar bone or worse again!!)

Jesus :roll: , I did not mean I plough through JCBs or 3 tonne boulders!, moreover just meaning it flys through any terrain. Off course picking the best line allways wins.

Kev

Time and a place for both imo. In the last few weeks I've riden the same Gisburn route on my '93 Clockwork and 2006 Orange 5 as I was trying to decide what sort of bike would be the best all rounder for me. Both were ace in their own way but I missed the speed of the full suss on some sections and the simplicity of the retro hardtail on others. Both great for different reasons. Don't like proper downhill bikes though as they really do flatten everything.

Well my full sus is put away now, there is a time and place as you say, and the place for a full sus is Morzine, not bridleways and 7stanes, a hell of alot more exciting on a big hitting hardtail, full sus are just boring, or it could just be a case of iv got too big balls for a full sus lol and i get my adrenalin from the bluepig, id do apsolutly anything on my bluepig what id do on a full sus, so why carry the extra weight around, and it does feel alittle bit more back to basics for me :LOL: :LOL:

Back